Sign in to follow this  

xr75 engine rebuild oil problem

i just fininshed rebuildin the top end and installing new cam shaft and cam holder to my 1974 xr75. the cam ate itself into the holder due to lack of oil flow to top end.

i have blown air through all the oil holes and they are fine. however, with the case full of oil, when i take out the oil drain bolt underneith the engine, nothing comes out... not a drop.

something is blocking oil flow from the case to the lowest part of the motor (oil screen). i've checked and rechecked the case gasket for any blockage.

any ideas would be much apreciated!!!

did i mention that i'm getting VERY tired of removing the case cover in order to get the oil out??!!

no, really... the manual does not show how the oil gets to the bottom of the pan under the oil screen before being sucked up through the screen to the oil pump.

no oil is getting to the bottom of the pan and i don't know why!

i was really hoping someone here could help me out a little.

thank you for the reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish it we're that simple. picture this... the oil drain bolt is out, i pour in a quart of oil in the fill hole... nothing, NOTHING comes out.

***??!!!

thanks for any ideas!

FIXED!!!! took the engine to the honda dealer and found a piece of old gasket blocking lower oil passage.

thank you BOB LUNDSFORD HONDA IN HOUSTON!!!