Sign in to follow this  

RG3 Linkage 09 crf450r

I have an 09 crf450 and haven't put any link arm on it yet. Has anyone here had any experience with the RG3 works linkage that has its own pivot piece? Is it an improvement or is it not noticeable? I noticed that Pro Circuit and Factory connection don't have a linkage with the pivot piece they just have the arm, is the stock pivot the best?

I just had my revalve done by RG3 and was wondering about that piece too. I would like to know if these pivot pieces that some companies are making are just a copy of the stock one or not.

I know Ride has some links now too.

Tried the PC link- works great. Then I tried the RG3- It's perfection. Either way, it's a big improvment. We choose RG3 because the handling/tracking was better than the PC.

Tried the PC link- works great. Then I tried the RG3- It's perfection. Either way, it's a big improvment. We choose RG3 because the handling/tracking was better than the PC.

What's the difference between the two in dimensions? My guess there is non.... And the RG3, FC, PC, and the koubalink.com are all the the same product which is 2mm longer than stock, except you can purchase the Koubalink for $140 instead of RG3s $450?

Research the actual differences before you blast me...

Actually you should do your research instead of just assuming. While the pro circuit, Kouba, and Factory Connection link may all be the same, the RG3 is different. The pc, kouba, and FC links are only link arms, the RG3 linkage includes a pivot piece. I'm not sure RG3 actually sells just the link arm.

I think the difference is in the rocker. I paid 300.00 for the RG3 one.

Actually you should do your research instead of just assuming. While the pro circuit, Kouba, and Factory Connection link may all be the same, the RG3 is different. The pc, kouba, and FC links are only link arms, the RG3 linkage includes a pivot piece. I'm not sure RG3 actually sells just the link arm.

You know what happens when you assume, i called they say it is different and for $300 it might actually be worth getting. I don't care good it is I would not pay the retail $439.95........ Good luck, let us know what you get and how it performs.

i think there is a difference in the pivot piece since the PC and FC links are longer there is a different ratio in the linkage with the stock pivot piece. I think RG3 makes it where the stock linkage ratio is kept.

correct me if im wrong

You know what happens when you assume, i called they say it is different and for $300 it might actually be worth getting. I don't care good it is I would not pay the retail $439.95........ Good luck, let us know what you get and how it performs.

Its 300 now?...when i had my bike there at xmas getting the revalve done they were 400?

There is a used one on there right now for 270.00+free shipping. But it's for earlier models. The new 09/10 linkages are 419.00. I got a deal.

Well i ended up buying the Kouba link, for 2 reasons...

1) price was great...$140.00 bucks!

2) I liked the fact that it had a zirk fitting in it.

I will take pics of the install when it comes in monday.

its all just a gimmick. Put a 5mm spacer in the shock, same thing. The link lowers the rear to level the bike. They sell a link to make money. thats fine, but you can save money by having any suspension shop install a spacer, same difference. dont fall for the " more progressive" line. Its to lower the rear plain and simple. Spacer, $30, link, $250 or more, same thing

Edited by DEGBTI

its all just a gimmick. Put a 5mm spacer in the shock, same thing. The link lowers the rear to level the bike. They sell a link to make money. thats fine, but you can save money by having any suspension shop install a spacer, same difference. dont fall for the " more progressive" line. Its to lower the rear plain and simple. Spacer, $30, link, $150 or more, same thing

Well im sure you could valve your own suspension and port & polish your head "IF" you knew the specs and "HOW" to do it.

$130.00 bucks isn't to bad if it gets the bike to settle right.

I don't like the shock spacer as it limits the travel. the +2mm links and rg3 make the rate more linear, firmer initially and softer deeper into the travel.

I don't like the shock spacer as it limits the travel. the +2mm links and rg3 make the rate more linear, firmer initially and softer deeper into the travel.

You are sure? Courtesy to MX-Tech:

09linkagedata.jpg

Michael