Sign in to follow this  

Illinois 10,000 to 75,000 now

That is what Shane is now sueing the owner of the track for. Sure makes you think how lucky riders are to be able to ride anywhere nowadays.

That is what Shane is now sueing the owner of the track for. Sure makes you think how lucky riders are to be able to ride anywhere nowadays.
Don't know the story. Is this about a track owner that knowlingly put out some kind of obstacle he knew would hurt someone or just another douchebag rider that signed a release, bit it, and doesn't believe in personal responsibility?

Just curious...

:banana:

Yes. Please post up the whole story, I would like to know as well.

I guess I did see that...just didn't put the name and the story together. Okay, then, it does appear to be a douchebag dirtbiker. Great! As if we don't have enough working against us already. What a dirtbag! Thanks alot Shane! You're a real stand up guy.

Just this past August, in a single get off mind you, I broke 8 ribs, punctured my left lung, slightly lacerated my kidney, and had to have my spleen removed because, apparently, I turned it into "spleen soup" (according to my surgeon.) It never crossed my mind...EVER...to sue the track that I chose to sign a waiver and ride on.

We need to talk about this matter, but, we need to keep the name calling down. Even if he does deserve it. I never want to see any body get hurt and i am sure that the doctor and hospital bills are outrageous [ legal over charging ] but if your in this sport you should take responsiblity for yourself anything can happen and does happen. I am sure Shane didnt want this to happen ,but it is hardly the track owners fault. just my two cents

I really hope this gets thrown out of court. Rumor has it that this individual has been riding at other tracks since this accident. If that's the case somebody should testify againts this guy saying that they witnessed him riding at another track that didn't have hay bales lining the course.

My two cents.

Wow, the level of scumbag in that guy also went up 7 fold. Hopefully other tracks ban him from riding. They have nobody to blame if they don't. People like that should be blackballed from the sport.

I really hope this gets thrown out of court. Rumor has it that this individual has been riding at other tracks since this accident. If that's the case somebody should testify againts this guy saying that they witnessed him riding at another track that didn't have hay bales lining the course.

My two cents.

communication with tracks is on-going... his name is noted on sign-in sheets. :banana:

chris<pixelmonkey>:lol:

My first comment on this was this guy is a douchebag. However, after talking with a fellow TT-er, there could (possibly) be another side to the story. From what I understand, his health insurance carrier could be the problem here. I am told that insurance companies, at their own discretion I suppose, will often file suits on behalf of the injured person (whether the person wants them to or not) to recoup costs for caring for the injured person.

This got me to wondering if Shane is doing the suing or if his insurance company is (possibly against his wishes.) Anyone know the answer?

Not that it makes it any easier on the track or our sport, but it might not necessarily be him doing the suing. Just curious...

My first comment on this was this guy is a douchebag. However, after talking with a fellow TT-er, there could (possibly) be another side to the story. From what I understand, his health insurance carrier could be the problem here. I am told that insurance companies, at their own discretion I suppose, will often file suits on behalf of the injured person (whether the person wants them to or not) to recoup costs for caring for the injured person.

This got me to wondering if Shane is doing the suing or if his insurance company is (possibly against his wishes.) Anyone know the answer?

Not that it makes it any easier on the track or our sport, but it might not necessarily be him doing the suing. Just curious...

Nedirtbikr may be exactly right! Even if you have good insurance, the "Company" will do anything it can to not pay, including suiing on your behalf, without you consent. Makes you wonder what those premiums are for. I was badly injured on an MX track while in the military. Military lawyers attempted to gather information in an attempt to sue the track owner. Luckily, it was on military land leased by my club and I was able to stymie them. Don't know if that is the situation here, but more times than not it is the insurance company suiing "on behalf" of their client. Those poor insurance companies.

In the other thread, there was a copy of the suit. It is him suing, not the insurance company.

Scumbag doesn't do enough to describe the guy.