Sign in to follow this  

how to adjust needle?

does anybody know how to adjust the carb needle on a 01 cr125. i was trying to drop it a little and i couldnt figure out how to adjust it. i took the top of the carb off and i just couldnt figure it out. any info would be great thanks

the needle is down inside the slide. to drop the needle you raise the clip on the needle to a higher slot. dropping the needle will make the bike run leaner at approx 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

the needle is down inside the slide. to drop the needle you raise the clip on the needle to a higher slot. dropping the needle will make the bike run leaner at approx 1/4 to 3/4 throttle.

i understand what dropping and raising the needle does i just cant figure out how to make the adjustment, like how do i get to the clip to make the adjustment. i couldnt see any clip or figure out how to get to it

Take the top of the carb off and the slide should come out. Now take the throttle cable off the slide, it has a slot down inside the slide that it comes out of. Now you should just have the slide, down in the top of it you should see something looking like a bolt. Take it out and the needle will drop right out.

Take the top of the carb off and the slide should come out. Now take the throttle cable off the slide, it has a slot down inside the slide that it comes out of. Now you should just have the slide, down in the top of it you should see something looking like a bolt. Take it out and the needle will drop right out.

ok, thank you for the help:thumbsup: