Sign in to follow this  

Jetted my CRF230F

Ok heres what I have done to the bike as of right now. Put the jet kit in with clip on needle at 4th position. Tried adjusting the fuel screw still rich wouldn't idle. Pull the 45 pilot jet out put the stock 42 back in and adjust the fuel screw. It will finally idle and the fuel screw is a turn and a half out. Idles great. Put the bike in gear and go and it is pretty crappy and bogs and such around 1/4 to half throttle. Full throttle it will go great.

Jet Kit, Put the 42 pilot back in to make it idle. Main jet is 135.

Unifilter

Baffle Out

Airbox Uncorked

Not sure how to get it to run right? Any ideas? I'm thinking I am getting to much fuel when I get on the throttle and start going. Would you guys think my problem isthe clip is in the wrong spot and should be moved up one to let less fuel in?

i used 120 main 40 pilot,truned air fuel mix screw 2 1/2 out from bottom & removed air box snorkel out & muffler bafle out & never had a jetting problem & does second gear wheelies. I live in southern california at sea level & go the high desert & mammoth mountians & never have problems of jetting still.Have you checked your valve adjustment & how new is your spark plug?

135 main jet is rich big time.

Id start at 120 main jet.

I actually ended up with a 48 pilot jet in mine as i got popping on decel withthe 45 even at 2 plus turns out.

Also i have swapped back and forth between the stock needle and power up needle countless times and always end up back with the stock needle usually on the 4th clip from the top.

It sounds like your mostly rich on the needle so id try going back to the 3rd clip on the needle, if you dont like that try swapping in the stock needle again.

Get rid of that 135 main though i promise you will have much more power if your around the 115-125 range. Ive ran from 118 up to a 135 and my 120 works great all around