Sign in to follow this  

Colorado Opinions on conditions at Thunder Valley this weekend (3/12-3/13)

Has anyone been there lately? Is that little bit of snow/rain yesterday evening going to have a chance to dry up before tomorrow?

I'm really looking forward to riding, but I've only been doing so about a year. Thunder Valley is tough, but it gets ridiculous when the bottom is a mud pit.

I was there Sun. 7th and it had a couple of mud holes but they were avoidable, most of the track was in good shape especially after grooming. It's back to the normal direction, which I like much better. Should be good this weekend.

Actually, I was think of just going to Berthoud. I need to be back at the house (Highlands Ranch) for noon on Saturday. I could head up early to VDR and get a few hours in before heading out around 10:30, I guess.

Watkins isn't too far, but they don't open until 10 and I've literally NEVER seen them do any maintenance to that track.

susco, thanks for that. It's so close to home, but it's a pretty intimidating track for a noob. My only big crash was there.

Actually, I was think of just going to Berthoud. I need to be back at the house (Highlands Ranch) for noon on Saturday. I could head up early to VDR and get a few hours in before heading out around 10:30, I guess.

Watkins isn't too far, but they don't open until 10 and I've literally NEVER seen them do any maintenance to that track.

susco, thanks for that. It's so close to home, but it's a pretty intimidating track for a noob. My only big crash was there.

My buddies and I will be there a by 9:00. Look for a yellow Dodge with a KTM 250 & Kawi' KX 500. Plus a green Tundra with a YZ 250 and 3-4 other bikes/guys. The 3-4 other guys are first timers, so we'll be spending time with them on the front and back tracks helping them get comfortable etc.

Come on over and hang out/ride with us!

Brendon-

My buddies and I will be there a by 9:00. Look for a yellow Dodge with a KTM 250 & Kawi' KX 500. Plus a green Tundra with a YZ 250 and 3-4 other bikes/guys. The 3-4 other guys are first timers, so we'll be spending time with them on the front and back tracks helping them get comfortable etc.

Come on over and hang out/ride with us!

Brendon-

Brendon,

I wish I would've seen your post before now, and I would've looked for y'all at Berthoud. It was awesome on Saturday! Almost crashed out at Watkins a few times on Friday; the wind was sooo bad, you had to keep out of the air for the most part. We'll be at VDR again soon.

Beau