Sign in to follow this  

One week and the WR is down again

Well after tearing the entire bike apart in my dining room while my leg was healing to clean, grease, lower and upgrade, the unimaginable has happend. :banana:

So im driveing around the other day with my cain straped to me just crusing trying to get back in the groove. I swing by a buddies house cause he was out in his driveway just to shoot the shit and whataya know after a couple mins he says "hey dude your leaking on my driveway". He gets the auto response "naw man its just water from all the slush on the road." Well then he walks over to my bike bends down and says "didnt you just get this bike last year":banghead::lol:

I am pissed my motor was rebuilt (by the yammy dealer) at 1,700 miles and it has less than 2,700 miles to date. Now its leaking oil everywhere. I mean everywhere under the cyl, out of the little allen screw on the bottom of the case, the crank seal. I drove it everyday for 4 days strait with no oil leaked at all then all of a sudden in one day it leaked out almost half the oil in a few hrs. Keep in mind I just put brand new oil and filter in probibly 4 -5 hrs (run time) before this

Guys I am very very upset as I am sure you can imagine. Do you guys think the yammy clowns used the original gaskets?

How much do I have to spend?? I mean ladys and Gentillmen I am far from a pro rider I am barely taxing this things suspension and engine and It doesnt seem to end.

Other than that, bike runs awsome wheelies on demand with no clutch. The front end needs to be readjusted it feels realy stiff. I think they messed with my settings when they did the seals. (same guys) Well I hope they did cause they were never this stiff, ever.

What would you guys do. I am going to change the oil again and take it back and go nuts on these guys.:banana:

Over filled? I doubt it. But leaking everywhere? Too bazar!!

Hmmm...same seals, not torqued to sped perhaps...yeah something smells fishy about that one. I'd have taken it to the shop right then and there and showed them.

If your bike wheelies on demand without clutch then it certainly is not stock. Mine has never done that but it does have 5,000 miles on it without any problems and runs grand for what it is. Cannot imagine why one would need to be rebuilt at 1,7000 miles. I am planning on going at least 40,000 before that time comes.

What happened that you needed a rebuild at 1700 miles?

Sounds like the dealer screwed something majorly.

What happened that you needed a rebuild at 1700 miles?

Sounds like the dealer screwed something majorly.

Seems like I remember someone hydro locking their bike at 1700miles or so.

Maybe this was the one?

yea it was this one he got some runny muck down his pipe

There should just be one leaking point i cant imagine it all leaking several gaskets at once.. Bizarre though

Yah that was my bike with the muck in the pipe. The bike is far from stock:banana:.

Anyhow back to the topic. No it was not overfilled. And the dealer mech is in awe of my bike. I told him it was leaking everywhere he more or less laughed at me till I said "come and look for yourself its out back".:lol: He was shocked. it is comeing out of the Crank seal, above and below the cyl, the allen screw on the bottom of the case. The case seal itself is not leaking. but damm near everything else is. I had toped it off before I drove it there + a little extra:thumbsup: and by the time I got there (15 min ride) my entire engine was coverd in oil. I wanted an appointment to bring it back and they wouldnt let me. They drove me home in the work truck.

I am going to refuse to pay if they give me crap about the warranty. Ill call yamaha myself if I have to. I have spend upwards of 8,000 on my bike. And I do belive enough is enough.:banana: ( keep in mind my low 4,800$ leftover sticker price)