Sign in to follow this  

09 KX450F Off-road

Hi,

I ride eastern hare scrambles/GNCC's, and I was thinking off getting an 09 KX450. I tried converting an 05 CRF450R a few years ago and got nothing but headaches. Stalling was my main concern. Does the efi, or a different map, help with stalling, or is it even an issue in the tight stuff? I ride Vet B and a KTM 300.

i have an 09, stalling is not an issue, but i had mine remapped before i ever rode it. The clutch is so light and modulates well. i love it

I have a 2010 set up for hare scrambles and I love it...I put a rekluse z-start pro, and re-mapped it to hard pack to ease the hit for the technical stuff..never had a problem and climbs hills like a goat. That being said, two of my friends ride ktm 300's, one rides an 09 kx450, and one a cr250..

I have a 2010 set up for hare scrambles and I love it...I put a rekluse z-start pro, and re-mapped it to hard pack to ease the hit for the technical stuff..never had a problem and climbs hills like a goat. That being said, two of my friends ride ktm 300's, one rides an 09 kx450, and one a cr250..

Pretty much the same setup on my 09. I also went up on the rear sprocket to bring in 3rd gear more. I'm in Illinois, and in some of the tight stuff it seemed to be in between gears. I also added a full Yosh exhaust, but that was due to how obnoxiously loud the stock exhaust was. I remapped to the hard pack setting also.

I've only gotten to ride it 5 times since buying it, but so far am loving it.

I have a 09 KX450f which is mostly setup for MX but occasionally I trail race it in the hills and mountains of Montana when I'm not on my 05 CRF450x. My suspension beating the daylights out of me in the rocks is the biggest issue but like I said it's set up for MX which I am a 6'1" 190 lb Vet Pro rider. Stalling is not an issue at all with the 09 and the power delivery of the motor is a perfect smooth blend of hp and torque for tighter stuff if your even a midly aggressive rider. It's a great all around machine really.

i also went up one gear on the rear..just forgot to mention that...just wish i had the ecu setting tool to re-map when i went to the motocross track