Sign in to follow this  

FMF powerbomb GSXR bird launcher

I have an '09 DR650 with 130 miles on it, bought it late in the fall and then winter set in here in Michigan. I just did the GSXR, upgrade and installed a new FMF powerbomb head pipe. I also did the air box mods and Dynojet kit at the same time. I started the bike and let it run for a few minutes. As it sat there and ran I noticed every 10 seconds or so a bird feather would come wafting out of the muffler. I thought this was odd, but thought may the guy I bought the muffler from stored it with his down pillows or something. After a few minutes I walked up to the bike and twisted the throttle for the first time since the mods were completed. When I twisted the throttle a bird (dead) came shooting out of the muffler and shot 20' across the driveway and into the garage. It was hilarious!

i have heard there best cooked medium well ! :banana:

I have an '09 DR650 with 130 miles on it, bought it late in the fall and then winter set in here in Michigan. I just did the GSXR, upgrade and installed a new FMF powerbomb head pipe. I also did the air box mods and Dynojet kit at the same time. I started the bike and let it run for a few minutes. As it sat there and ran I noticed every 10 seconds or so a bird feather would come wafting out of the muffler. I thought this was odd, but thought may the guy I bought the muffler from stored it with his down pillows or something. After a few minutes I walked up to the bike and twisted the throttle for the first time since the mods were completed. When I twisted the throttle a bird (dead) came shooting out of the muffler and shot 20' across the driveway and into the garage. It was hilarious!

That's the factory installed flow limiter to keep you from looping over backwards. You newbies are so clueless. :lol::banana:

They ran out of money after welding the flow limiter in the header so had to improvise on the exhaust end.