Sign in to follow this  

Price for an 05 with a seized motor?

I was wondering what others might think is a fair price for an 05 with a seized motor. The only info I have is that the motor stopped while riding down the highway in mexico and the kickstarter wont move. I dont know if its top end or bottom. I'm looking at buying it and doing the work myself. I know the guy that has it and the bike has fairly low hours. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

run the VIN...make sure it's not stolen...

I guess you missed the part where I said I know the guy

I guess you missed the part where I said I know the guy

Does he need to sell it to make bail? :banana: J/K

Have you looked at the classifieds or ebay to see what a complete engine sells for? That would give you an idea on what you would have in it.

well you can replace the crank, piston, cylinder, and top end for about 1100-1300$ USD + labor, im sure you can do everything yourself except the crank, maybe you can do that.. it would save you a few hundred bucks.

so be prepared to put around 1500$ into it.

so for 2500$ youve got a bike with a virtually new engine... not bad IMO. you cant even get a beaten up 2002-03 for that price. 3000$ minimum for a used 2002 crf here in canada. but with the USA economy im sure you could find some dudes used 08 going for around 3000$... :banana:

well you can replace the crank, piston, cylinder, and top end for about 1100-1300$ USD + labor, im sure you can do everything yourself except the crank, maybe you can do that.. it would save you a few hundred bucks.

so be prepared to put around 1500$ into it.

so for 2500$ youve got a bike with a virtually new engine... not bad IMO. you cant even get a beaten up 2002-03 for that price. 3000$ minimum for a used 2002 crf here in canada. but with the USA economy im sure you could find some dudes used 08 going for around 3000$... :banana:

What part of Canada are in? Fellow Canadian eh!

What part of Canada are in? Fellow Canadian eh!

lol it says right in my profile.. Alberta!

I am 20 mins north of the US/CAN border, right above montana. and im 20 mins east of the BC border. 30 mins from sparwood, about 45 mins from fernie, wwwwaaayyy down in the very very bottom left corner of alberta, how about you?

I picked up a nice 04 for $3000 Already set up for the trails that I do? But 800/1000 would probably be a good deal if you can get the engine back together reasonably?

I picked up a nice 04 for $3000 Already set up for the trails that I do? But 800/1000 would probably be a good deal if you can get the engine back together reasonably?

yeah but youre in canada.

in canada with 3000$, you can get a 02 or 03, maybe an 04.

in the USA with 3000$ (about 3100$ CAD), you can get like an 06, 07... its so weird.

09s in the states going for around 5000$ right now.

all you can get in canada for 5000$ is an 06-07

lol it says right in my profile.. Alberta!

I am 20 mins north of the US/CAN border, right above montana. and im 20 mins east of the BC border. 30 mins from sparwood, about 45 mins from fernie, wwwwaaayyy down in the very very bottom left corner of alberta, how about you?

Ha ha oh ya missed that! I am in Kamloops, we are close but not close enough for a rip saturday! lol :banana:

Ha ha oh ya missed that! I am in Kamloops, we are close but not close enough for a rip saturday! lol :banana:

where do you ride at?

I rode at elko last year once, it was pretty cool.

I also rode a koocanusa which was real cool, closest to sand dunes ive ever seen but I heard its getting shut down?

do you know if theres any thing like sand dunes in BC? ive heard there is in northern BC, but I imagine theyre nothing like the ones down in the states.. im not allowed into the states :'(