Sign in to follow this  

Wisconsin Fond du Lac, WI. Area Riders?

Any on or offroad riders in the Fond du Lac area? I am looking for other to ride with...too many trips by myself these days. I would really like to get my DRZ400 offroad more than I do now, but I am new to offroad riding and don't know where to go around here.

Tony

Check out RPAOFFROAD.COM they hold alot of race's in your area and they just added a trail rider class (for people that just want to go out and have fun riding). Its $20 dollars to enter. It's also a good way to meet other people that ride.

Fond du Lac is about 2 hours from where I'll be in Illinois (north chicago). If you find some trails to ride up that way, let me know!!

aj

What about street only riding? Boo...bad Tony I know, but I like to get my Buell out for at least a few miles each season too. Works well on gravel/fire roads though!

aj - there doesn't seem to be much around here. I know there is one good riding park in King, WI. (middle of the state) called Dyracuse, but that might be too far for you.

Thanks K131, I may hit you up for those secret riding spots in the near future.

Tony

I'm in appleton a lil north of you but I keep my drzsm on the street, offroad is for the yfz race quad

See what I get for not checking in here very often? Seeing as I live in FDL myself, I can assure you there is little to no off-road riding near the area. However! The Wisconsin Dual Sport Riders have their meetings at Rolling Meadows in town, and their communications officer lives in town as well (me). Luckily, the AMA District 16 Ref lives in town as well (also me). I guess I should mention that one of the Wisconsin Off Highway Motorcycle Association members at large also lives in town......See a trend?

I don't compete any more. Too many broken bones. While they healed I missed out on a lot of time with my children and family, so I gave it up. Now I mostly trail ride when I can and we're out on Winnebago every weekend when there's enough ice. Most of the trail rides require a few hours of driving though.

There are 2 dual sport ride scheduled this year that are relatively close. One is the Kettle Moraine Sport Riders Field and Forest ride that starts down by Allenton. The other is the Bucky dual sport ride that starts in Cross Plains. There are also 2 DS rides based out of Wabeno WI too. In a couple weeks (weekend of April 11th) a few of us are heading down to Leaf River for the Forest City Riders dual sport ride.

Another place to meet up with people id head over to ADVrider.com and look in the Central section (stay out of JoMomma unless you have really thick skin), there are people organizing get-togethers and rides all over the place.

I ride a black 98 Triumph Tiger around town, and I have a plated 05 450 EXC for trails and dual sport rides.

You can also check out the Kewaunee ATV park they are letting dirt bikes ride there now. All you have to do is get one of there sticker's ( I think there $25 for a season pass) Its a fun place to go. Check it out a BayLakeatv.com

How far north (from Illinois) do you have to drive to get into some trails?

Kewaunee is 3 hours from Chicago. Depending on what part of IL you are coming from, aside from Kewaunee, there is also Dyracuse, Knobby Ridge, Black River Falls/Jackson county/Crawford hills trail. A dual sport bike can ride the ATV trails in that area too, but not MX bikes. There's the Cheese county trail in southern WI, but that has a 30 mph speed limit and is an old railroad grade, so it really isn't much.

Cheese country trail

Links to others

Dyracuse clicky

Jackson county trails

Knobby Ridge

Kewaunee is 3 hours from Chicago. Depending on what part of IL you are coming from, aside from Kewaunee, there is also Dyracuse, Knobby Ridge, Black River Falls/Jackson county/Crawford hills trail. A dual sport bike can ride the ATV trails in that area too, but not MX bikes. There's the Cheese county trail in southern WI, but that has a 30 mph speed limit and is an old railroad grade, so it really isn't much.

Cheese country trail

Links to others

Dyracuse clicky

Jackson county trails

Knobby Ridge

Thank you! I'll be at Naval Station Great Lakes for 3 years starting in July. Looking forward in some weekends in the land of cheese, may even set up shop there after the navy......

Appreciate all the info, thanks again--aj:ride:

Thank you! I'll be at Naval Station Great Lakes for 3 years starting in July. Looking forward in some weekends in the land of cheese, may even set up shop there after the navy......

Appreciate all the info, thanks again--aj:ride:

Do you have plates on the KTM? If so then you'll be there in time for the Big Woods 200! Also, stud it up and ride all winter. There's some folks riding west of MKE and by Lake Koshkonog, but if you head up my way, I plow 2-3 mile long tracks on Winnebago every weekend.

Do you have plates on the KTM? If so then you'll be there in time for the Big Woods 200! Also, stud it up and ride all winter. There's some folks riding west of MKE and by Lake Koshkonog, but if you head up my way, I plow 2-3 mile long tracks on Winnebago every weekend.

yup, she's plated!! Gonna put mo(re)tard wheels on it until I get to illinois. Looking forward to moving! We are headed over that way tomorrow to look for somewhere to live. We have 3 midgets at home, so mama wants to find a nice neighborhood and school.....

clicky Just sayin.......

I have 3 myself 12,10,7 all riders.

So, the wheels are an option--tough to explain the detour to mama and the $800 cash withdrawal. I'm still waiting on a damn quote from my dealer....

3 riders? I bought my six year old a crf 50......can't get him off his bicycle to ride it. I need to load it up and drag him somewhere and force him to have fun...

clicky Just sayin.......

I have 3 myself 12,10,7 all riders.

Ice riders as well, next year Nathen will be keeping up with you.

Come on Lobster, bring them all to the meet and greet today.

I need to load it up and drag him somewhere and force him to have fun...

I got a 7 year old he can ride with.......

Augie, you shoulda came to C^2's. He's re-engineering his R100 for our trip around Lake Michigan this summer. I can still whip the boy in the trees! I just have to make sure he stays on a slower bike as he gets older:bonk:

Papalobster, I think I just caught on. You must be the "Lobster" that posts on Dieseljo. This winter was the first season on the ice and first attempt at home built ice tires (worked awesome, took over 12 hours to drive all the screws in!). I was only able to get out there a handfull of times and never on one of your tracks, but it was a blast none the less.

I am typically out cruising around the south side of town on either a black 07 Buell XB12X or 09 DRZ400S, but usually by myself. I only have a couple friends that own bikes and a few others that have 4 wheelers, so there aren't many options for riding with others if they don't have time or don't want to go. Some of the suggested trails may help though, since they allow both quads and bikes. Thanks for the tips.

Has anyone every organized a small town, Fond du Lac version of a bike night? It seems like the park, A&W, or Gillies would be some good places to meet if people were up to it. It might take someone with better connections than I have to get the word out though.