Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Thinkin' of a masta plan!! Aftermarket 1 1/8" sm handlebar mounts.

I'm thinking of replacing the "stock" sm handlebar mount clamps. I'm not too keen of the "crisscross" top clamp. :banana:

Anyone of here using aftermarket clamps?:banana:

I see in the catalogs, that a few companies offer clamps for rubber mounted handlebars. Renthal, Tag Metals, Fly Racing, & ProTaper just to name a few.

What mods did you have to do, if there were any, to the upper triple clamp to fit?:lol:

Let's see pics if you have them. Thanks!!:banana:

I was also going to suggest the Zeta RX bar clamp, I plan to use one of those to fit fatbars to the 05 front end on my kicker.

What about us with 1 1/4 bars :lol: ....... your leaving us out Whaaaaaaaa :banana:

new%20handguards%2005-07-09%20005.JPG

I have Easton EXP bar clamps and Zeta Rubber eliminators and love this set-up...:banana: ... but I can't take the credit....Twinjet gave me the idea:thumbsup:

I have a zeta on mine. No mods necessary. According to forrest's site the block style clamp adds stability for rubber mounts.

http://www.wheelingcyclesupply.com/shop?action=category&cat_id=57

Yeah, I was aware of the Zeta stuff. I'm trying to stay away from the block style clamps though. I'm just trying to cleanup the look on the handlebar a bit. :banana:

Gramma, you don't count. I think you're the only one who's running those, besides Twinjet and Chimm-Chimm(wherever he is). :banana:

I'm surprise you run your handlebars, "cholo style." I'm surprised you don't run clamps with adjustable offsets, if you want your bars more forward. :lol: