Sign in to follow this  

Illinois How far south to ride?

Thinking of heading south to get in some riding in the next couple weeks. Coming from central WI, I wondering how far south everyone is having to go to get to an open track?

Thanks

Hell, I'm in central Illinois and nothing is open yet...well because all the snow melted and it's a wicked mud mess right now. It's been in the 60's and the ground is so saturated!

FredBud in Hopkins Park (outside of Kankakee) was open last weekend and will be open this weekend. All sand.

Taylorville- Southfork Dirt Riders was open last weekend. The track was in good shape. Not sure how it will be this weekend. If no more rain it should be fine.

Taylorsville was actually where I was thinking..probably next weekend more than this one. But thanks to all I appreciate it!

FredBud in Hopkins Park (outside of Kankakee) was open last weekend and will be open this weekend. All sand.

EWWWWW...sand. :banana:

We rode Fred Bud last weekend too... nice thing about the sand, when everything else is muddy, the sand is rideable! Bob... I thought I saw you out there, Saturday right?

In addition to Taylorville, Crossroads and LTM are a few more tracks in that general area that would likely be open. If the weather cooperates, we might go to Crossroads next Saturday, then race the Belleville HS on Sunday.

www.crossroadsmx.com (Mason, IL)

www.lincolntrailmotosports.com (Casey, IL)

From the LTM site yesterday:

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's a beautiful day at the track. Track is in good shape. Track and woods open for riding. Come out and play while the weather is good. Check back later this week for track prep on Sunday.

Thanks LTM

Hi Nikki, yes I was at FredBud last Saturday. I thought I recognized your bike and number there too! I told Anne I thought I saw you there. She's home now recovering from gall bladder surgery. She said she was going to try to find you on Facebook.

I may be out there again this weekend, probably on Sunday, if the weather holds out.

couple of buddies from peoria said taylorville was good last week and thought rain missed them for tomorrow . call first of course.