Sign in to follow this  

Moose Stator Installation

I did a search and came up with nothing. Can someone please help me directions on installing a Moose Stator on a KTM 144 sx? I bought the Moose Stator, Wire Harness and Volt Pack. The unfortunate part is nothing came with directions :banana: Moose told me it is a direct swap so no directions needed. I heard wires have to cut and soldered, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

I don't have time to send it back I need some lights for Sunday. Here is the response from Moose, plus trail tech said they did not make one for the 144 :banana: I emailed them for more info and have yet to hear back.

"Hey James,

This stator is 100% plug and play so the manufacturer does not supply any instructions for this stator.

Let me know if you have any questions or if you need help with anything else.

Thank you"

Only Trail Tech is plug a play. There has to been some kind of instructions or I would send the Moose stuff back.

have you tried to put it on yet? Maybe it is just plug n play? I would take the tank off and look at the wire connections, that would tell me.

I am going to try this weekend. I don't have any wires on the bike since it is a 144 SX.

yes, it does have wires, ignition wires to the CDI, to the coil, etc.

BUT now I think I understand the question. You are going to install a lite system on a bike that has no existing lite system, correct?

If so then what kind of lites did you get? If you got the complete set-up from the same maker then hopefully it will plug n play. Did you get a switch too?