Sign in to follow this  

California DRIVE desert clean up April 3rd

I ran a checkpoint last year for a night-time drive race out at superstition and had a blast .

This is a done deal for me.:banana:

I ran a checkpoint last year for a night-time drive race out at superstition and had a blast .

This is a done deal for me.:banana:

Can't wait to do some good then do some good riding:D

Bump

Mike

I could take two guys with me for a day trip from Lake Elsinore if we can split gas $. Anybody interested?

I could take two guys with me for a day trip from Lake Elsinore if we can split gas $. Anybody interested?

Would be great to see you out there Gregg, haven't ridden with you for like 5 years.

Its been a while, like since I forgot my boots on the Piute ride...

Id love to make it, but I cant swing the entire gas amount on my own at this stage of my financial meltdown. We should be able to get a couple guys from Riverside County to want to go down and lend a hand.

Ill drive, $25 gas each gets three of us down there and back for a day trip.

Hey Gregg long time no talk.

Hit me up and we can work something out on the drive.

C'mon people why is this thread at the bottom of page three with no posts in 6 days . Is this as many of you that give a shit about OUR desert. If you enjoy it you better fight for it, this is about a whole lot more than just a group effort cleanup. It is a show of force and concerned enthusiasts willing to participate in actively working to preserve what is ours for future full access enjoyment.

I have recruited 5 people so far and the calls and e-mails are still going. Hope to see a lot of familiar faces as well as many new.

Mike I am liking the lunch ride to Salton Sea idea, where are you camping?

We will be camping at the Dip, likely tight against the hill on the left. I dont know if I am taking my truck but I will post more details as it gets closer!

Mike

Update - Cleanup moved to Plaster City East because of a race at the dry lake bed and access issues on Wheeler Road.

Me and the woman will be there for cleanup and then ride in the afternoon.

looks like I am out for this. Truck is having electrical issue I cannot figure out and who knows how much its gonna end up costing me. still a chance I'll be there but not a good one:(

Im out too. Jacked my knee up last night at a track!!! Gonna have to go see the doctor today and not looking forward to what he has to say...

I didnt get any takers for the carpool trip down anyway.

Good luck with your truck.

Drive Desert Scrub Down 2010

I need to start Saturday’s story by giving thanks to a few people, I will include pictures of those who I can...

First thanks goes out to Doug and the DRIVE crew for all they did on saturday and the weeks leading up to the DRIVE DESERT SCRUB DOWN II.

-to Ilya for the ride to the desert!

DSCN0592.jpg

-to Jonathan and friends for showing up, cleaning up, and all the help throughout the day’s events.

DSCN0595.jpg

and finally to Doc (and the entire RideClubSD club!), a heck of a D38 desert racer, and desert afficianado. Oh and thanks for taking the trailer:D!

DSCN0602.jpg

Now on to the story which is not chronologically correct, nor accurate in any way.

My truck was still not running Friday night so I hitched a ride with Ilya to desert. Met up with RJ and family and then saw this guy cruising towards the camp a little too fast:D

DSCN0589.jpg

Met Jon and friends, went to sign up at PCE, dropped RJ’s trailer there, and hit the Choo-Choo road to the cut across to head to the dip! After Ilya sky hucked his stock rear end through the whoops Jon found this....

DSCN0586.jpg

Michele and Nathan found these...

DSCN0590.jpg

I picked up twice that amount before anyone else was out of the trucks then took pictures:D

We marked this spot on the GPS so we could come back with the entire group and much more room for junk. We were off to The Dip to dump what we had then to find these guys...

DSCN0588.jpg

We then went back to our spot and got some more....

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

Then we filled Doc’s trailer...

DSCN0598.jpg

DSCN0599.jpg

^Spot the differences:D

That is all for pictures as RJ’s 3rd member ate itself 5 miles out from PCE, Ilya towed him in, Jon towed him to the tow truck which took RJ to my house at the beach, and Doc took RJ’s trailer to El Centro to store it till it can be picked up...I waited with his family at the DRIVE trailer for Ilya to pick us up and take us all back to PB for Easter.

I did this with my nephew...

DSC01509.jpg

Then there was an Earthquake and RJ’s truck did this....

DSC01521.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

Rolled about 4 feet before hitting the wall. “Park” does nothing when there are no gears in your rear end:D

the end...