Sign in to follow this  

cdi interchange?

recently aquired an 04 rm250 in need of a cdi box among other things. what years will work on this bike, or does it have to be an 04? i know on a lot of bikes the kx and rm are essentially the same bike. would a kx250 cdi work? thanks. normally i look on bike bandit and can get a pretty good idea, but for this bike it lists four different part numbers and prices for cdi.

Was a guy on e-bay parting out a good looking 04 RM250. I bought some parts off the bike and they were like new. Mite try that for parts.

hmmm, i looked on ebay and didnt see any 04's. i did find an 05 cdi for sale in the uk, which is why im curious if it will work. do you remember the name of the ebay seller?

Here is one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GENUINE-SUZUKI-CDI-IGNITOR-RM250-RM-250-2004_W0QQitemZ110282625648QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19ad5b5270

Little high, unless you just got to have it. Mite check http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/index.php Look in the OEM section, prices are realy fair. I didn't check the TT parts (sorry TT). So do that too.

thanks for the links, its nice to have some options. the cdi is mia on this bike so it is def a necessity.

motosports had it for $264. brand new. The use one was $165 or somthing like that and if you can wait....sooner or later a great deal pops up on e-bay for a used one. I have had better luck on e-bay with the buy it now parts. The only good deal I got on bidding was a like new swingarm that I got for $1 buck plus $20 for shipping (no one bid against me). All the other times some duffus runs the bid up to the point you mite as well buy a new one. Good luck with your parts search.

maybe a stretch here, but would a same year rm125 cdi work? it has the same connector and i know a lot of parts interchange between the two.