Sign in to follow this  

Question regarding cir clips

Hi,

I've bought a Pro X piston kit for my '06 yz 125. The clips were missing and the old ones are worn out. I can't get them separately without having to buy a new kit. Do the clips from a yamaha piston fit the Pro X?

espkul

hmm... It is impossible to get a pair of new ones. They're not sold separately so I don't know what to do =(

the pin should be the same size with every piston so the clip should be the same size i would use them if it was me just make sure the clip gap doesnt line up with the hole in the piston where you take the clip out

The ProX part number for the clips is: 05.1510

Should be for a 15mm pin. The wire diameter of the clip should measure .0395" which is same as stock. If you can't get the ProX brand clips the stock Yamaha clips will work fine. Do not use old clips!!

Thank you for all the answers! It surely helped me a lot

Great! rockymountainatvmc.com does not ship to Norway! Is there any other store which have circlips?

Glad you got that sorted out, but I wanted to throw this in too for future reference. Clip size isn't the only thing that has to match, the shape of the cross section diameter of the clip is important as well. Some clips are round, some are square, and it depends on the shape of the grove in the piston. It is safest to use the clips made for that piston, otherwise you could face disaster.