Sign in to follow this  

attempted to fit my chain case saver

Guys,

I bought the metal case saver chain guide bracket, and 2 x bolts from Suzuki, that sits just in front of the front sprocket.

I didn't buy a plastic cover as to be honest I'm too tight!

The bolts i've been given are way too long, I'm guessing the plastic sprocket cover takes the slack up in these bolts...

What have you guys done who are running the metal case saver, but not the plastic cover? I could just cut the ends off the bolts with a dremel assuming there is still enough thread left.

You need to remove the metal spacers from the inside of the plastic cover. No dremel needed on the bolts.

attachment.php?attachmentid=12916&d=1267549679

Anyway of getting the metal spacers you speak of without buying the plastic cover? They dont show as a part on this fiche.

From the picture of the crank case cover you posted it looks to me like you can buy item 30 PLATE, FRONT CHAIN GUIDE 27640-29F00 separate from item 27 COVER, ENGINE SPROCKET 11360-29F11. (I'd double check the numbers to make sure you got the right year and model)

It's $9 at the TT store.

npm, I think you are missing the point

I have that item already, but the bolts that I've ordered are too long due to the fact I dont have the engine sprocket cover!

Yes, there are additional spacers that come inside the cover. As William said, just buy shorter bolts at your neighborhood H.W. store. GO Stainless!

npm, I think you are missing the point

I have that item already, but the bolts that I've ordered are too long due to the fact I dont have the engine sprocket cover!

yup:banghead:

I just found some shorter bolts in the box-o-bolts I have.