Antigravity Batteries Product Giveaways - LAST NIGHT TO ENTER! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

05 WR250F w/ LEXX MXe exhaust short review (plus pics and vid)

Got my exhaust today! For the money I'm VERY impressed with this exhaust. There isn't much information on this exhaust for our bikes, much less bikes in general since this exhaust started out as only available for quads. Quality seems very good and I like the little attention to detail sprinkled throughout the slip-on system. Hard to beat for $179. I'll get a FMF Powerbomb to match up later on but for now I'm very happy. Bike seems more snappy down low and thru the midrange. I think I have a little room to fine tune my jetting to squeeze a little more out but I was impressed with what my butt dyno was telling me!! :banana:

With the quiet core / spark arrestor in the bike has a nice deep mellow tone. Definitely louder than stock/PMB combo but not obnoxiously loud. It sounds real close to my buddys CRF250R with FMF Powerbomb and Powercore4 silencer. I will definitely be riding this bike with the quiet core installed. With the 46mm race tip in the bike is VERY loud. Sounds like a piped 450 lol. It's too loud for forrest/trail riding but is probably what you'd want on a local MX track that doesn't test for db's.

Video comparing the stock WR exhaust with PMB insert in comparison to the LEXX exhaust both with the quiet core/spark arrestor tip and the 46mm race tip. Note: I accidentally recorded the video in 60 FPS so there is some wierd movement effects being shown. In reality my fender, number plate, exhaust and tips don't wiggle like they appear in the vid. This is due to the framerate effect.

Pics...

exhaustonbox.jpg

welds.jpg

exhaustinstalledside.jpg

exhaustinstalledrearcloseup.jpg

lexxclearancetoshockres.jpg

lexxemblem.jpg

lexxsprings.jpg

lexxstrap.jpg

exhaustinstalledcloseup.jpg

exhaustinstalledrear.jpg

numberplateandexhaustgap.jpg

exhausttips.jpg

quietcoreandsparkarrestor.jpg

Edited by haknslash
  • Like 1

I have looked at this pipe,seems to be of good quality,looks about as good as a fmf.Thanks for the info,i will keep this pipe in mind if i ever get a new pipe.BTW,you got a good looking bike!:banana:

Thank! Yeah there isn't much info out on this pipe on bikes so I figured I'd share my thoughts on it. I forgot to mention that I did add a 1/2" spacer to the backside of my lower number plate bolt. I noticed the plastic was a little too close for comfort near the exhaust so I spaced it out a little just to be safe. Probably would of been fine but I just wanted peace of mind.

I took it out on the trails yesterday after the install and it sounds great going thru the gears in the woods! Power seems snappier down low and thru the midrange. It was sloppy mud so I wasn't able to see how it was up top but I like the gains I think it gave me.

Thanks on the bike compliment as well. I try and keep it up but it does need new tank graphics from the gas yellowing the white on the graphics. I want to buy all new plastic and get a custom made graphics kit to kind of update the look of the bike a little but that's later on down the road.

I've had the lexx on my 05 wr250/290f for about 4 months now ...very impressed with quality and performance (and of course the price).

However, as my riding buddies will attest, though while my bike runs great and I love it ....being clean enough to want to post pictures for others to see ain't going to happen.:banana:

Especially in it's current state --last weekend a tree jumped out on the trail and tore off my front fender (btw -you need to hit a tree pretty good to rip the plastic clear off )--thankfully I hit the eject button or I might not be typing this :lol:

Didn't stop me from riding the rest of the day though ...fyi --on a muddy day without front fender makes for very tough visibility. :banana:

those wr's are bulletproof.

Thanks guys!

mclarkdenver, yeah I feel ya lol. My bike usually gets a good powerwash bath after a hard day of riding. We have nasty red clay here in alabama that will ruin metal in no time if you let it sit on there for a good bit. So I just make it habit to clean my bikle thoroughly after every decent ride where it gets muddy enough the blue disappears haha.

I did have to back off my throttle screw about a 1/4 turn to get rid of the slight rich condition I was seeing (black puffs of smoke in the vid). Now it seems to have cleared up once the bike has warmed up a few minutes. I might play around with dropping the needle one notch to see if it completely clears it up even on cold starts. Runs like a champ though!! I'm about to head out and go hit some powerlines with a buddy and taking the camera (the cheap one lol) along for the ride.

same nasty red clay we have here in north carolina ...I made the mistake when i first got the bike of not getting that stuff off immediately and once you do that it never comes off ...

i don't know what's worse -trying to ride in that stuff (slippery as ice) or cleaning it

either way it's no fun.

I put a LEXX on my 2007 WR250f and love it. great power with the quiet core in. Great write up by the way.

nice bike for an old steely ! dont be riding too much road on it or you will be sorry ! they dont take the tarmac too well (gearbox) but it looks in awsome condition,!

nice bike for an old steely ! dont be riding too much road on it or you will be sorry ! they dont take the tarmac too well (gearbox) but it looks in awsome condition,!

You can't plate these bikes here so no worries about the road or riding with high rpms for prolonged times.

I appreciate this post and the video and pictures. Seriously thanks.

But dude, nevermind the exhaust! I want to know what kind of camera those pictures were taken with?

Or do you have a photographer buddy you had come snap those?

I appreciate this post and the video and pictures. Seriously thanks.

But dude, nevermind the exhaust! I want to know what kind of camera those pictures were taken with?

Or do you have a photographer buddy you had come snap those?

I know those pics were sharp as heck.

I have the same Lexx pipe on my WR and cannot get it to look as sexy as his..

This is a four year old post from the original by the way

Edited by debargew