Sign in to follow this  

E model fcr on S, need help

Hi guys...

I have an E model FCR with all the parts needed to fit on the S.

I want to remove the CE and put on the honda diaphragm part for the squirt.

What I would like is some step by step instructions with pics if possible, because I cant seem to find any and I dont fully trust the local mechanics.

Thanks

Hi patrioti!

You have an 'S m,odel so i believe you you will install the carb with the Sudco adapter right ?

So:

In this pic the lower red circle is the one you need to block .

fcrOLD.jpg

Remove the two screws in the orange circles , than you block the lower red circle with a nipple from a auto shop or something and you have to change the pilot air jet with a 100 .

For the AP mod check your p.m :banana:

Are you in Athens ?

u can just link 1 and 2 together and plug the rest. if u do that u dont need a new jet

He has the 'S model , not the 'E !

He has the 'S model , not the 'E !

He is putting a e model fcr on a s model which is exactly what I did. Connect 1 and 2 and plug the rest. I don't see why some people do it the other way. Its just more work.

I'm prettt sure that u use the now available vacume hose to run the fuel petcock. Its been a while since I did it but I'm sure there's more detailed instructions around here somewhere. I found them

If I connect 1 and 2, do I connect the fuel hose directly to the carb and dont use the vacum nipple?

Yes on the fuel line. Nothing goes in or comes out of the ce anymore. U can take it right off if u want. I just left mine there. if u have the vacuum operated fuel valve on your tank use the vacuum for that. If u don't or u already have another port open for that just plug it.

Hope that helps. If not I could give u a pic of my setup but I won't be home to do it until tomorrow night.

Good luck and don't forget the eddie mod

If not I could give u a pic of my setup but I won't be home to do it until tomorrow night.

A pic of your setup would be excellent...

Thanks

Yes , all these if you use the 'E air boot , if you use the 'S+'SM airboot , as it is , with the Sudco adapter than you hace to tap the needle and use the 100 pilot air jet .

He has a 'S . not a 'E !!!

I still don't understand what the air boot has too do with the ce but apparently u know something I don't. Sorry if I gave out some bad info. That's the last thing I want to do.

Can u explain to me how that effects the ce and how the bigger fcr fits into a s boot.

'E air bell adapter for the 'E model fcr carb has a nipple on it , Sudco air bell adapter for fcr 'S+'SM air boot doesn't have this nipple so if you have a 'E model fcr carb with a Sudco adapter you can't remove the CE like on a 'E model by plugging the 2 nipples with a pipe :banana:

'E air bell adapter for the 'E model fcr carb has a nipple on it , Sudco air bell adapter for fcr 'S+'SM air boot doesn't have this nipple so if you have a 'E model fcr carb with a Sudco adapter you can't remove the CE like on a 'E model by plugging the 2 nipples with a pipe :banana:

Thanks for the info.

Learn something new every day on here