Sign in to follow this  

VP100 Streetblaze Race Fuel

Hi guys,

I just picked up a 06 YZ125 and had some head work done to it. I told my engine builder to make the CR suitable for 100 octane fuel since there is a VP100 pump station near my house and that is the cheapest race fuel I can find. I don't want to run something like a C12 due to cost (which is why I bought a 2 stroke in the first place)

I talked to the chemist at VP and this stuff doesn't sound too far off from pump gas other than it is oxygenated and is a littler cleaner since it's transported and stored differently. Do any of you guys have any experience with this stuff?

Thanks

Good stuff. I use it sometimes in my four stroke when I can get down to Temecula to buy it out of the pump. Last time I got it I think it was about $7 a gallon. It is oxygenated so it gives good power gains but I've noticed I have to get the jetting spot on to reap the benefits...

Good stuff. I use it sometimes in my four stroke when I can get down to Temecula to buy it out of the pump. Last time I got it I think it was about $7 a gallon. It is oxygenated so it gives good power gains but I've noticed I have to get the jetting spot on to reap the benefits...

Hmm, the chemsit said it only had about a 1.3% oxygen by weight rating which is pretty low. Oh well, I have some larger main jets anyway. Have you noticed any corrosion due to the ethanol after you have been using it for a while?