Sign in to follow this  

'09 EBC Clutch Kit HELP!

Just received my ebc clutch via ups 5 minutes ago. Here is my question/concern.

The clutch has the correct amount of fiber and plates BUT it came with 6 springs instead of 4, which leads me to believe it's for an older crf. The part number on the package is DRC 148. After a bit of part # research I found it listed on several websites as working with the 04-09 crf450r's. So........Is it the wrong kit or do they just send out 6 springs regardless? I'm at a loss and need to get this puppy back together. Also, the new springs that came with it are 3mm shorter than the existing oem springs.

Well just got off the phone with a customer service rep and he stated that it IS the correct one, that they all come with 6 springs. I found this a little suspect so I downloaded EBC's 2010 pdf catalog to see.

Apparently the CORRECT kit is DRC244, NOT DRC148.

I knew something was up as the springs are shorter in the new kit.

*sigh*

I called back Rocky Mountain to tell them they sent me the wrong clutch. The service rep was firm that they sent me the correct kit, I told them they in fact sent me the wrong kit and that the correct part #is DRC 244. She then stated that they don't even recognize that part # and they have DRC 148 for all crf's '02-10 (x or r)

So now my question is, are the fibers and the steel plates for the 2009 450r the same as prior years? If so I'll use the new ebc's and just re-use my 4 clutch springs.

I just cross checked oem part's for plates and fibers between the '09 and '08. The honda part #'s are identical so I'm assuming they are the same.

I guess I'll use the new ebc plates, and re-use my oem springs, I don't trust the new ebc shorter spring.

That is unless someone can chime in that has has a similar issue.

The fibers and steel are the same as the older CRF's but you need to use springs specific to the 09. I bought the same one from rocky mountain and they returned it no problem. I went and got fibers and springs from the dealer and its be working perfect! I would recommend you get some new springs from the dealer, its only a couple bucks.

• Like 1

The fibers and steel are the same as the older CRF's but you need to use springs specific to the 09. I bought the same one from rocky mountain and they returned it no problem. I went and got fibers and springs from the dealer and its be working perfect! I would recommend you get some new springs from the dealer, its only a couple bucks.

Thank you sir! Just the response I was looking for. Rep given.

I got the ebc plates soaking and I'll re-use my springs for now as they only have 10 hrs. on them and I'll get some new oem ones soon.

Friggin' Rocky Mountain needs to change that crap on their website. I told them it's the wrong kit and they still said I had the right one.:banana:

Oh well for future reference the correct ebc kit is DRC244. Learn something new everyday.:lol: