Sign in to follow this  

Silicone coolant hoses

Hello- I have been lurking here for a while but this is my first post. I have an 08 KLX450R I got a few months ago with only 2 miles on it. I'm in the process of making it a street legal sumo. Done some stuff to it, still have a good bit to go however. I have ridden street bike for years, but the learning curve on this one is a bit steep. Anyhow...

I have a set of Samco Silicone coolant hoses on my 08 Kawi Z1000, and I want to do the same to the KLX. Samco does not make a kit for the KLX, but they do have one for the KX450F. Does anyone know if the kit would work on the KLX? I'm hoping it will with all the other similarities between the bikes. Any info would be helpful.

I'm not too sure if the KXF hoses fit but your best bet is to take a look at the "CV4" silicon hoses. And you can get em in Kawi Green!

Yes they fit. Cv 4 are the best-get the complete y kit to eliminate the y connectors. If you like blue i have a set of cv4 and they are the y type. Let me know.

here's another Q... I have a Trailtech Vapor I am putting on the bike. It has a coolant temp gauge that requires you to cut the hose, place the fitting, and clamp on both sides of the fitting. I would guess they do, but do the CV4 hoses have the same I.D. as the stock hoses?

Anyone try these(<-link) yet? Looks like Samco has a little competition in the motocross world now IMO.

That's a lotta dough. Look up Delkevic silicone hoses on E-bay. They got them for the KX, but I don't know anyone that has tried these. Green and only $50 shipped.

Heres a LINK