Sign in to follow this  

Frame guards

Really wanted some before I get the bike from the dealer- or ride it.

Seems hard to find them- most of the bigger sites simply don't have a listing for the KLX.

I ordered some from Hyde Racing, but they are backordered for a while; And, I really wanted carbon fiber ones, anyway. I have aluminum Works Connection ones on my KDX.

Short story long, I called Lightspeed and they DO have carbon fiber frame guards for the KLX450r.... according to them they are the same for the KFX (quad). I was very, very clear as to what bike, etc- I even went so far as to say "Ok, but the KLX450r only has TWO wheels, you know that, right?

She replied "Yeah, I got that"

I ordered a set and will report back what they are like, if anybody is interested.

I've got the LS one's, pretty sure they were specific for the KLX. Bolted right on and I love them. Of course, I'm a bit of a CF whore though.

A friend has the Hyde Skid Plate. I like it, much quiter than aluminum and real slippery. Thought about there fork gueard, but I just don't find their stuff very asthetically appealing.

Hyde clutch cover, frame guards and disc guard.

The clutch cover looks pretty good- not so sure about the front disc guard.

Seems very tough, looks ok- for $93 I probably should have passed. Oh well.

The dealer is installing the new acerbis skid (slide) plate- plastic. Always had aluminum, so we'll see.

The Hyde clutch cover protector comes with strange tape affix it to the clutch cover- I think I'll just use some epoxy.

I just fitted some Lightspeed carbon fibre frame guards. They are for the KX450F / KXF450 - Not the KFX450 quad.

The fit was good, but I had to use some silicone (RTV) to stick the top of them to the frame.

They did a good job today. I have been out all day riding my bike and looped it on a failed hill climb. The bike bounced and crashed all the way to the bottom. My white plastic panels and the radiator shroud and radiator on the right side are all bent and bashed but my frame guards came out unscathed :banana:

I'm gonna get some rad braces next.