Sign in to follow this  

Help me decide

Thinking about ending my relationship with my 08 200XCW now that it's got 65 hours on it. Since used bike sales are way down, do you think I would have trouble getting much out of it if I were to part it out? Everything is in good shape plus I have an extra set of plastics, a SDG tall seat, aluminum skid plate, Acerbis Rally Pro hand guards, and a GPR V4 Stabilizer.

Thinking about ending my relationship with my 08 200XCW now that it's got 65 hours on it. Since used bike sales are way down, do you think I would have trouble getting much out of it if I were to part it out? Everything is in good shape plus I have an extra set of plastics, a SDG tall seat, aluminum skid plate, Acerbis Rally Pro hand guards, and a GPR V4 Stabilizer.

parts sales are down also, and it's a pain. There are parts that are difficult to sale. You can get stuck with a half parted out bike, and not enough money to justify.

I would just try to sell it to start. The 200 shouldn't be too hard to sell.

Popular machine with the AZ technical rider crowd. Shouldn't be hard to sell at all. Seems like at 65 hours you've got lots of life left in it though.

65 hrs:excuseme:

WHAT! 65 hours!:banana::lol: your basicly throwing your money away! i have had my 2008 200xc for 6 months and it has 71 hours! why would you sell a 7grand bike for lets say 3-4k is al you can get? whats the point, the top end last 80+ hours, my bike still has 160psi of compression.. Ktms are made to go forever, just think some 4 strokes have 1,000+ hours and are still going:thumbsup:

Parting out is a hassle; e-bay,paypal, low-ball offers. Unless you are really strapped for cash.....just sell the thing!

But as above that bike is not spent and unless you just want something different........why sell it?

Keep it - its just now getting broken in. However, the market for KTM 200's is wide open. If you priced it right and don't want what you paid for it it will sell fast, but again, why?

The number of hours on the bike are an indicater of how much I enjoy it. While it is a good bike, and a very popular one at that, it's not for me.