Sign in to follow this  

Need a new door!

Okay so about 3 hrs ago or less one of our drivers smashed our 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 4x4 pickup. We have not seen the pickup yet so dont know the full extent of the damages. It may be totaled but we dont know yet. So just in case where can I get a new cab or a door or ????????

My dad and I think that we are probably screwed, but wont know for a few more hours.

So any advice or thoughts???

Thanks,

-mt-

Trust me the parts on these trucks are not as expensive as youd think. I have a 2001 dodge ram quad cab. My door was wide open and some idiot from my school ran straight into while trying to go fast and look cool. My door was ruined and bounced back so hard it was stuck shut, and bent all over the place. I had to get a new fender, front door, back door (extended cab), head light, all hinges springs etc. Pretty much alot of the left side of my truck and it came out to about $2500 with labor, paint, and parts. I think the shop gave us a great deal (the kids insurance paid for it). So my point is you can go oem parts for not to expensive also, or like mentioned above go to salvage or junk yards.

Sorry I realized I didnt really answer your question, we just went to our local Dodge dealer and asked them and they referred us to the shop (the shop orders all their parts through the dodge dealership for a discount).