Minnesota ever require titles on dirt bikes?

I am an Illinois resident looking to buy a non-operational vintage MX bike from a salvage yard in Minnesota. Here in Illinois we are required to take a bill of sale and properly signed title to the Driver's Exam Station (DMV) and cough up $25 sales tax (flat fee on a used motorcycle) and some more money (not sure how much) to title the bike in Illinois.

Does the state of Minnesota require dirt bikes (not street legal) to be titled? I'm not referring to a registration that allows bikes to be operated on the state's lands, but a title of ownership.

Chief

So when you sell each other dirt bikes there is no title involved, just bills of sale?

Yes that is correct.

We have a DNR sticker for trails but it is NOT a title, it says so right on the card. Also no sales tax on a used off-road bike.

It IS nice to get the MSO from the seller, if possible. It seems to me, the last time I got my trail permit, they asked me for it for the bike. Not sure what they'd do if you don't have one. (Actually, I'll find out the answer to that in about 2 weeks.)