Sign in to follow this  

California Help...looking for fuel stops on the way to Vegas

I've searched and can't find a definitive answer to my fuel dilemma. Planning a Cal City to Vegas trip. Have gpx files of the route, but learned that some of the routes to get fuel are no longer open. I'm looking to get fuel in Minnueola or Calico. Using Google Earth, it looks like I can come down Sunrise Cyn Rd to get fuel in Minnueola. Is this still possible? I have a plate but my buddy does not. Thanks for the help.

Don't take a non-plated bike out they way, it only causes trouble for the legal guys.

The good way is Cal City to Trona, to Shoshone, to Jean/Stateline.

I've searched and can't find a definitive answer to my fuel dilemma. Planning a Cal City to Vegas trip. Have gpx files of the route, but learned that some of the routes to get fuel are no longer open. I'm looking to get fuel in Minnueola or Calico. Using Google Earth, it looks like I can come down Sunrise Cyn Rd to get fuel in Minnueola. Is this still possible? I have a plate but my buddy does not. Thanks for the help.

I suggest that you get a new buddy

One that has a bike with a plate so that you won't be limited on where you can go to.

There is also gas at Rasor road and I-15.:banana:

Don't take a non-plated bike out they way, it only causes trouble for the legal guys.

The good way is Cal City to Trona, to Shoshone, to Jean/Stateline.

Sorry, should have been more specific...I am not looking to do anything illegal. Looking for a legal green sticker option for fuel. I was under the impression that Minnueola was an option. Am I wrong? Or am I wrong about some part of the rest of my route. I know all the problems arising from taking non-legal routes and have tried to ensure that my entire route is green sticker friendly. Other than fuel, I think I have done this. I don't want to have any more of our routes closed as a result, so thanks for helping me out.

Also, I was under the impression that Trona was a plated bike only option for fuel, can you clarify? Reason I am trying to stick to my route (instead of Trona, Shoshone, Jean), is that I will have a chase truck going to Vegas at the same time, and would prefer to have it close if possible (along the 15).

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

Sorry, should have been more specific...I am not looking to do anything illegal. Looking for a legal green sticker option for fuel. I was under the impression that Minnueola was an option. Am I wrong? Or am I wrong about some part of the rest of my route. I know all the problems arising from taking non-legal routes and have tried to ensure that my entire route is green sticker friendly. Other than fuel, I think I have done this. I don't want to have any more of our routes closed as a result, so thanks for helping me out.

Also, I was under the impression that Trona was a plated bike only option for fuel, can you clarify? Reason I am trying to stick to my route (instead of Trona, Shoshone, Jean), is that I will have a chase truck going to Vegas at the same time, and would prefer to have it close if possible (along the 15).

Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it!

I don't think it's technically legal, but I've been in and out of the station at Minneola Road as recent as last weekend with my green stickered WR. I suppose if you ran into a CHP that was there at that moment, be prepared to throw alot of "yes sir/no sir's" and you'd probably be ok. I would imagine it would be the same for Baker.

Also, no premium at Minneola Road, 87 octane only. :banana:

I don't think it's technically legal, but I've been in and out of the station at Minneola Road as recent as last weekend with my green stickered WR. I suppose if you ran into a CHP that was there at that moment, be prepared to throw alot of "yes sir/no sir's" and you'd probably be ok. I would imagine it would be the same for Baker.

Also, no premium at Minneola Road, 87 octane only. :banana:

Don't count on a CHP to look the other way. I expect the exact opposite. That said if coming from the north you can get to that station almost legally. There is a way under the 15 from the south if I remember correctly. Once you leave Mineola road it's what 95 miles of powerline road to Primm. Not exactly the challengine trails most desire. Any of of the other routes that I am aware of need a plate and are longer so more fuel is required for most bikes.

They used to have premium there. I have a feeling that one day soon one of us will go there and they will be closed for good.

Last time I was at Minneola(Last year) nothing was open there. Can get gas @ Ghost town rd for sure,Rasor, Baker and the Cima rd &I-15.

Last time I was at Minneola(Last year) nothing was open there. Can get gas @ Ghost town rd for sure,Rasor, Baker and the Cima rd &I-15.

I drove past it two weeks ago on my way to and from Vegas. I saw people at the pumps.

I drove past it two weeks ago on my way to and from Vegas. I saw people at the pumps.

Good to know! Seems like gas station out there are coming and going very fast.

Thanks for all the replies! At the bare minimum, it sounds like I could shuttle fuel if need be.