Sign in to follow this  

150r convert big wheel to small

I want to lower my 2007 150r for my son. What is the best way to do this? I spoke to a local shop and they said, buy smaller wheels for $800. Is there a cheaper way? I want to keep the big wheels for when he is taller.

Try checking ebay, you should be able to find used 150R wheels for a lot cheaper than $800. If you don't find anything, I have a set I might be willing to sell.

I have an 07 small wheel and would be interested in swapping out parts with you to convert to big wheel. Let me know what you think.

Anyone interested in swapping a small wheel setup for a big wheel setup?

Anyone interested in swapping a small wheel setup for a big wheel setup?

I am interested in swapping a small wheel set for a big wheel set.

PM me.

well first off DO NOT SWAP YOUR BIG WHEELS FOR SMALL ONES. get the bbr lowering link as mentioned. then when your son grows a little you can swap the link and make it bigger again. nobody wants the small wheels and they suck.

well first off DO NOT SWAP YOUR BIG WHEELS FOR SMALL ONES. get the bbr lowering link as mentioned. then when your son grows a little you can swap the link and make it bigger again. nobody wants the small wheels and they suck.

Yes hang on to those BIG WHEELS as you will need them again. The lowering link is a good approach and fairly simple and cheap. I bought a small wheel version and ended up spending $500 for rims and $350 for a big swingarm. My 12 year old was on the small wheels for all of 3 rides then he wanted to swap to the larger wheels for better handling in the whoops.

Good luck