Sign in to follow this  

bike hard to start at certain times

just need a little help here on how to fix my problem. i have an 08 yz250f, just rode it for the first time today. its about 55 degrees outside. the bike started 2nd kick, with no choke on after i took it off my truck. and one the bike warms up and you shut it off and kick it right away it starts, but if it sits for a few minutes it will not start, hot start or no hot start it wont start, you have to hold the throttle all the way open then it will fire up. once the bike is running, it runs awesome

never ran into this problem, seems like my 450 starts 1 kick year around in michigan weather, lol. but this bike doesnt pop or anything on decel even when i rode it down the street in 20 degree weather. so should i go leaner on the pilot? any help is appreciated. thanks

no offense, but that doesnt sound like the proper fix, plus people are going to wonder what the hell im doing before i start my bike each time.

to me it seems like a jetting problem. i havnt looked what jets are in it, where the needles or anything, bike is stock, but i have no idea if the carb was messed with at all. just want to see what people say i should change to fix it

The symptom you describe is rich jetting, all the items, no decel pop, starts w/o choke, hard start when warm, all of that is rich jetting. Only way to tell is check the jetting against the database on here and compare numbers.

ok, thats what i figured. being 30 degrees out with no popping was kinda wierd. ill have to pull out the jets to see whats in there as oppose to stock