Sign in to follow this  

Oops, broken fender and side plate

Doing a slow stand up wheelie...well, maybe not that slow. Bike got away from me.....looped it! Broke the rear fender and side number plate. It was my second ride on the bike :lol:

I wanted to get some different plastics, this sped up the process! :banana:

klx2001.jpg

klx2002.jpg

I ordered some UFO plastics. Had to go through UFO direct, nobody had them or could get them.....kinda weird!

While I was ordering I ended up changing things slightly.

I ordered a front fender for an '09-10 KX450(its a little more aggresive looking), rear fender for an '06-08 KX450 and the side panels for the '08-09 KLX450....all in white! I wanted to get radiator shrouds in white but I could not find any for a KLX. I know if I switched gas tanks....etc, etc.

Also got the ebay graphics kit for $50. I had that brand graphics once before and the held up excellent, they are n-style! Some one on here has them also.

klx081.jpg

klx080.jpg

klx078.jpg

Nice klx bro. Is that a stock header pipe and if so where did you get the cool pipe gaurds? e-line? Very nice.

Ouch! for a second ride......I feel a tear welling....:banana:

Nice looking bike brother and those graphics are slick:thumbsup:

Nice klx bro. Is that a stock header pipe and if so where did you get the cool pipe gaurds? e-line? Very nice.

The pipe is a Leo Vince full system, titanium pipe, carbon fiber silencer......sweet as hell!! It comes with the pipe guards.

I got it on ebay for $250 plus $25 for shipping. It is listed for a '06-08 KX 450, but fits on the KLX perfect, bolts right on, no modification. It is the low boy, so it still has good low end power. Super easy install, it also weighed 6lbs less than the stock exhaust system :banana:

The guy also had other slip-ons for less $$, but I wanted the full system.

I think Lpami(not sure of username)......has one also.

Nice looking bike brother and those graphics are slick:thumbsup:

I like the graphics treatment on the number plates; gives the impression of the newer MX bikes with the smaller number plates on the sides.

Those white fenders look great!

Yeah that leo vince is a good pipe. Bike did a cartwheel off a sand hill and pipe held up fine. Same low end as stock.

Too bad they won't ship that LeoVince system to Canada.

How does the bike sound with that exhaust??

I think it sounds great!! I spent all day Saturday riding with a few buddy's. They both have '09 KX450's. Those bikes stock are way too loud!!! Mine was not as loud, but did have a nice bark. I have mine set-up with the spark arrestor and an insert. If you wanted more sound leave out the insert.....even more sound leave out the spark arrestor. It is a Leo Vince pipes....quality is excellent!! I have an FMF on the KTM, this is nicer...alot!

I'm running a KX silencer with the stock header now; it is loud for sure. I'm happy with this set up but darn that's a good price on the LV...

pbucket186.jpg

mele63, I am running the LV with the quietest insert. Sounds same as stock at idle, can't hear it till your on the throttle hard. Ride by the rangers all the time with no hassel. To me it has a buzz sound like a mild two stroke.

Think the powerbomb and pro circuit have more flow/hp but couldn't beat the price.

Another benefit of the full system, it weighs 6lbs less than the stock pipe!

I think Lpam needs to up his main jet! I have a 165 in mine....it runs quick! I am coming off an '08 KTM 450xc-F.....which is the new motor KTM(mine is blown currently) this bike is just a little slower in a straight line than the KTM and pretty close in the trees. Give me some time in the saddle and some sand tires could be closer.

Pull the trigger. Sell your slip-on for $75 and the new full system only costs you $175 :banana:

GW2, you running the dynojet or jdjetting? Think they might not be equal.

My X has 155 DYJ main

-1.75 fa out

- pilot stock but at 1550 rpm at idle

- clip 6th position(one up from bottom/max fuel).

It has no bog, smooth transition and stands up with a blip of the throttle in all gears but fifth(then needs a good tug). My kit came with a 160 but everthing i read says we need to go down in main when the weather hits a 100 here in FL. 155 seemed good for all????

GW2, you running the dynojet or jdjetting? Think they might not be equal.

My X has 155 DYJ main

-1.75 fa out

- pilot stock but at 1550 rpm at idle

- clip 6th position(one up from bottom/max fuel).

It has no bog, smooth transition and stands up with a blip of the throttle in all gears but fifth(then needs a good tug). My kit came with a 160 but everthing i read says we need to go down in main when the weather hits a 100 here in FL. 155 seemed good for all????

Good questions...

My jets are stock Keihin jets from Rocky mountain, not sure how they compare to dynojet or jd.

Yours sounds strong!! We need to get together one day :banana: