Sign in to follow this  

Quality helmet cam?

I have been looking into getting a helmet cam. I dont want to spend a ton of money but i also dont want my vids to look like they are from 1980. whats my best bet for a good unit?

vHoldr ContourHD ~ the 720p works great for posting and sharing, get the 1080p if you want to make DVD's. Or you could get the 1080p and reduce it's resolution to 720 and only crank it up when you plan on making a full action video.

I'm looking for a helmet cam too. What about the Epic Stealth?

Scratch that- just watched several sample videos on youtube and the quality sucks. Here's a sample.

I do understand the hate for the size of the Hero, I have found a ton of good spots to use it and not notice the size. But the good thing about them is the price/quality, they are VERY durable, the mounts are very solid, water proof, not just resist water but fully waterproof. I have used mine underwater several times, and it works great. I use my hero for all sorts of things:

underwater:

http://www.youtube.com/user/h2only#p/u/7/-KAbSVsH_Yw

under car (the clicking in this one is because I had the volume sensitivity too high while recording)

http://www.youtube.com/user/h2only#p/a/u/0/djLVU5XkBdw

vHoldr ContourHD ~ the 720p works great for posting and sharing, get the 1080p if you want to make DVD's. Or you could get the 1080p and reduce it's resolution to 720 and only crank it up when you plan on making a full action video.

video quality looks good on the vholdr contourhd. Package size is good. I guess the only downside is that it's not waterproof...

i've had a Motocomm DSR-100 since '06, and they have excellent support, the recorder and the camera last all day, maybe 2 days. lately i've been torn between the VHoldr and the GoPro to upgrade to HD. didn't really care for the boxiness of the GP but found a place in NC selling them pretty cheap so i took the plunge. the sound and picture quality are superb. i've mounted it on top of one helmet, under the visor on another, and on my chest pro. the battery only lasts 2 1/2 hours which requires most people to purchase a second battery. but as far as the GoPro goes for quality and durability, you cannot go wrong.

Gopro is probably the best bang for the buck! Check out some of my vids in the video section. Youtube does loose come quality between the home computer and public veiwing though. Just my thoughts

I love the Go Pro, best money spent for the return.

Are we really needing to make an Oscar winning short film. Too Funny. I know some people put alot of emphasis on great quality and we could go on and on about all brands. It doesn't take too much time on youtube and one can see what they require or desire. Some good choices out there.:banana:

thank for all the suggestions. i think im going to go with one of the go pro models.

If you have a newer computer (Windows Vista or 7, lotta RAM, fast processer), spend the few extra $$ and get the HD model. Comes with a Lithium battery pack (no cold weather battery hassles), tough as the original, and will make videos like the original Hero never dreamed of.:banana:

If you have a newer computer (Windows Vista or 7, lotta RAM, fast processer), spend the few extra $$ and get the HD model. Comes with a Lithium battery pack (no cold weather battery hassles), tough as the original, and will make videos like the original Hero never dreamed of.:banana:

or if you have a Mac:smirk:

also good choice on the GoPro, they are pretty bulletproof, and yes get the HD if you can