Sign in to follow this  

Yamaha Warrior 350 smokes on start up.

93 warrior 350. I replaced piston, rings and did the valve springs and seals. So i am scartching that off the list of why it smokes alot on start up. It seems to only do it when it is warmer weather. I know that the carb bowl, holds alot of gas and i have tested this with the fuel off, it ideals for awhile before it will run out of gas. I was told that it could just be the excess fuel burning when it is choked on start up, but i am starting to doubt that. I think it could be a carb issue but im not sure what exactly. Does anyone have any ideas?

I have the same trouble with my wolverine 350 1997. I have oversized the cylinder, put a new piston and rings, have the head rebuild by a machine shop. It still smoke on cold startup, for about a minute. I don't know what's wrong. I hope you will find the trouble and tell me what can be wrong!

What color is the smoke? If it's blue, it's oil. If it's black, it's too much fuel. Knowing the color would help us narrow down if we're chasing a carb problem or an engine problem.