Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

05 rm 250 with rattles? can it be a power valve

:banghead:my problem is I put a new piston ect. in my rm I now have the worries of did I do it right. I think it is just the clutch rattle. but was wondering if a power valve can have a rattle also??

How high pitched is the rattle? After I took my pipe off a couple times the springs lost enough tension that they would rattle pretty loudly at certain RPMs. I thought my engine was falling apart until I realized what it was.

And make sure you didn't leave a 10mm wrench in the airbox, not that I would know what that sounds like :banana:

I am sure it is not the spring..No wrench either..dang it. I know I have clutch noise and always have. It just worries me about the noise I think is coming from the power valve area

Does the pipe fit snug in the cylinder? If the o-ring wears out and lets the pipe wiggle a bit I'd imagine it could make a bit of noise.

My pipe wiggles a bit and squirts out oil on the pipe from the cylinder. is there an oring there i should replace? new to 2 strokes

If it's leaking oil from where the pipe goes into the cylinder, and rattles it is most likely that you did not put the washer in correctly, which causes the ratle.

If it's leaking oil then yeah the oring is shot. Pull the pipe off and you'll see it. I bet that's what your problem is.

Thanks for the help learn something new everyday about my 2 stroke

Okay it could be the washer where the pipe and head meet.But how and the heck do you know witch is the right way and the wrong on the washer. It dosen't leak any oil.Runs really good.