Sign in to follow this  

flexadjust won't adjust ?

I put a flexadjust fuel screw on today. And with the carb off bike it was set at 2 1/2. With carb on bike it will only adjust 1/4 more closed and 1/2 more open and binds up. Anybody ever have this issue?:banana:

Ben,

Make sure you have opened up the access enough so the flex-jet isn't hanging up on the float bowl...and when i adjust my flexjet, I remove the knob from the clip to adjust...then just reclip it in. Let us know how it goes.

Ben,

Make sure you have opened up the access enough so the flex-jet isn't hanging up on the float bowl...and when i adjust my flexjet, I remove the knob from the clip to adjust...then just reclip it in. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks I'll give that a try tomorrow. :banana:

Ben,

Same technique I use :banana:

Pull off clip towards you to straighten out some and then turn. Otherwise it's a bitch to adjust and binds.

come on it not that hard to do it all you have to do is adjust the Biouly Giremanator to the Fatiscon 65-39045XX, DUH!

come on it not that hard to do it all you have to do is adjust the Biouly Giremanator to the Fatiscon 65-39045XX, DUH!

What you don't realize is my twin turbo dipstick is in the way. :banana:

I installed one myself a few months ago and was having the same problem, real hard to turn/adjust it. I thought it might just be a bad one cuz I didn't see anybody else complain about it. Now I know I am not alone. I use the same method, unscrew the mount from the carb, adjust it, then mount it back to the carb. PIA but you shouldn't have to adjust it too often.

My flexadjust works fine now. It would only turn 3/4, so I unhooked it from the holder and turned it fairly hard unscrewing it and it popped, like maybe the o-ring was stuck and now it works fine, even in the holder.

My flexadjust works fine now. It would only turn 3/4, so I unhooked it from the holder and turned it fairly hard unscrewing it and it popped, like maybe the o-ring was stuck and now it works fine, even in the holder.

Does it turn real smoothly now - while still mounted to the carb? Mine is still fighting to turn when it is mounted, even after several removal and reinstalls to make sure it is installed properly. I even changed to o-ring a couple times to see if it would make a difference. Would be nice if it worked like it's supposed to.

Does it turn real smoothly now - while still mounted to the carb? Mine is still fighting to turn when it is mounted, even after several removal and reinstalls to make sure it is installed properly. I even changed to o-ring a couple times to see if it would make a difference. Would be nice if it worked like it's supposed to.[/QUOT

Once again, make sure the flex-jet is not hanging up on the hole through the float bowl...and be sure there isn't a shredded old o-ring from the stock fuel screw jamming things up.