Sign in to follow this  

Arai VX-Pro3 and Leatt

Does anyone know how well the Arai's work with a Leatt? My last couple of helmets - TL and Shark - were high enough in the back so that I was able to tilt my head up far enough to ride but not hit the back fin of the brace with the helmet. My current helmet - Shoei VFX, does not allow me to do this. I've got the brace lowered in the back as far as it will go, but it's not far enough, so I'm either riding with my head down farther than I'd like, or straining against the back of the brace in order to look ahead.

I hate to let go of the Shoei, because it's flat out the best helmet I've ever owned, but it's just not working for me, so I'm looking to go the Arai route, but there are no dealers anywhere near me to try one out with my Leatt on. Thanks for any help.

i dont think you should have any problem with any helmet and a leatt. thats why the tables are adjustable and even if you have the adventure there still shouldnt be any problem.

i dont think you should have any problem with any helmet and a leatt. thats why the tables are adjustable and even if you have the adventure there still shouldnt be any problem.

Gee, thanks for the opinion, but it's an issue, just like when Reed had to modify the back of his Thor helmet when he first started using the Alpinestar. The back table is lowered as far as it will go and helmet still hits. With my TL I could bring the table up to about it's mid-point and it was not an issue.

Anyone have an opinion based on experience with the Arai?

Lots of people run the Arai/Leatt combo, including my wife, but the length of your neck plays a role in any setup you use. For example, I run the Shoei VFX and my helmet doesn't bump the Leatt with the rear table all the way down because I have a long neck.

I don't have a problem with mine, but I have a long neck. I don't think this should be a problem for anybody though.

Any real Arai dealer, internet or physical, will accept to exchange a helmet for fitment issues at no charge (shipping included). Make sure you get the smallest size you can fit in without pain.