Sign in to follow this  

Bill Blue

I have one of Bill's 34mm carbs on my 2007 KLX250s (300cc) and here are the pros and cons.

Cons: tight fit if you have a 2.7g Clarke fuel tank and Muzzy exhaust. increased fuel consumption. poor throttle response until bike is fully warmed up (as compared to the CVS carb.)

Pros: instant throttle response,

would buy again & recommend this carb

Thanks for all your help and comments. I have decided to just order the 33mm carb from WPS. All I ride is Mtn trails and most are single track, so i dont think the extra 1mm from Bill will very noticealbe at all.

What jetting and needle# are you gus running for 4-8000 elevation?

Thanks for all your help and comments. I have decided to just order the 33mm carb from WPS. All I ride is Mtn trails and most are single track, so i dont think the extra 1mm from Bill will very noticealbe at all.

What jetting and needle# are you gus running for 4-8000 elevation?

Other than the 1mm overbore of the TM33, does Bill perform some other mod? I'm just asking so you'll know what you're getting into. Was there a sizing issue with the airbox boot or anything like that? What kind of jetting does an OEM TM33 come with? It might be that everything from the pilot jet to the needle jet won't be compatible with the KLX. I'd think one could end of spending quite a few bucks in jets and such to gain proper jetting. I don't claim to know...just asking. With Bill's setup, you pretty much get a plug-and-play deal.

I have found on the internet some good jetting specs, that say are good for most evelavations and to just to adjust the needle. I just wanted to know what others have been using for jetting and which needle.

I am going through WPS, because I will be getting a very nice discount and like I mentioned the money to bore out the carb will mostlikely be not very noticeable.

have you tried modifying your stock carb first and save your cash????

get the DJ kit and drill the slide so you get the proper acceleration hit you need.

I think you will be surprised.

From what I understand, the stock carb only needs some rejetting works and also the hole on the slider drilled to a bit bigger size.

Where can i find Bill Blues contact info or website? I am going to get a 33mm pumper carb for my klx300.

Go to google and key in Bill Blue Big Bore Kits at the search column. U will find the relevant links. I emailed Bill Blue, and got a fast and good reply from him.

Go to google and key in Bill Blue Big Bore Kits at the search column. U will find the relevant links. I emailed Bill Blue, and got a fast and good reply from him.

Someone isn't reading the whole thread.:banana: The link to the Bill Blue site is on the second post. :lol:

I have a bill blue 34 mm mikuni pumper that i took off my KLX and may be willing to sell it if the price is right. I've had it about a year. probably around 500 miles on it. so it's basically pretty new. His carbs are custom fit into the 300 (plug and play). I ride in Colorado in the summer time so I have the correct jetting for it. Right now it's jetted for Kansas where I live. let me know if your interested.

Someone isn't reading the whole thread.:banana: The link to the Bill Blue site is on the second post. :banana:

LORL (laughing out real loud) :banana:....I did see that, just wanna tell how in future, one shud be able to get to the link without asking...:banana:

Cos I always believe in teaching a person to fish rather than giving fish to a person...:lol:

hehehehehehehe....

What exactly is performed when drilling the slide? I searched and did not find any exact answers, like how big to drill which holes and where.

Have already done the jetting jigg and it is pretty good. The bike is just lacking that bark when given more throtle, which is more notice able at lowe rpm's.

Take out the slide and u will see two holes, 1 bigger and the lower one smaller.

Drill the smaller one just to make it slightly bigger and then test out the bike, making it bigger most probably till its 7/16 of an inch. The depth is the same.

My mech used a dyno jett sized drill, and my bike is ok.

Let me check the size when I meet him this weekend.

Go thru this forum on KLX 250s mods. You will find it. Or type in a serach engine some words on KLX250 modification ...

7/16" and it won't run.

7/16" is HUGE dude!!!

7/64" is the size drill bit supplied with the DJ kit.

By depth is the same, i guess you mean drill all the way through, because that is what you do, drill through the existing hole.

You drill the hole that the needle does NOT go through.

what is happening when you drill the hole bigger is allowing more vacuum to pass through the hole and pull the slide up quicker. When that happens you will get a slightly better throttle response from idle on power up. It is not an accelerator pump, just a little quicker power. (less lag off idle)

As I said, lemme check with my mech the correct size drilled.

I wasn't sure 7/16 or 7/64.

Here's what my mech just told me over the phone.

He used the drill bit that was provided with the dyno kit. The drill bit is DD#32

He did not drill untill it goes through, just made the hole slightly bigger.

He sated that this was because the bikes in Malaysia were not restricted, and we are are at sea level.

The main jet used is only 125 (stock is 118) but the pilot jet is 38(stock is 35)

with 2.5 turns out.

Right now now the bike is fitted with a Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. M7 aluminium slip ons.

The jetting was made just to cater for the ekhaust at sea level.

The only other changes was to change the airbox snorkel to a KDX snorkel.

We did not remove the mesh (backfire) from the airbox, and the air filter was stock.

Sprockets are still stock.

The difference:-

1. One time push button starting (previously need to use the choke).

2. Bike is able to wheely at 1st, 2nd and 3sr gear on the ove (previously only 1st). I weight 78kg.

3. Much much better at hill climbs.

4. Great pull when you accelerate.,..but a bit of small pops sound when u throttle down...Plug was light brown.

5. Slightly better fuel consumption, but minimal...I wud say no change in consumption.

Just added a kick starter and a lights off switch ...to help preserve the battery when I start the bike, an to switch off the lights when I am on the trail.