Sign in to follow this  

2009 CRF450R on/off throttle fix?

Hey everyone! Just purchased a new 09 CRF450R and I'm really loving the bike but the one thing that bothers me is the off/on throttle when I'm trying to just putt around. I don't normally just putt around but where I was riding at recently has tons of tight 1st gear slow turns and it's just way too twitchy of a throttle response. It's pretty annoying. :banana: Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Been there fixed that!

1. Eddie (Jetting expert on TT) can remap and really change power delivery.

2. G-2 throttle cam system. slows the ratio of pull on the throttle cable.

3. Flywheel weight. a heavier flywheel will slow the speed of rev and smooth it out. will also make it less likely to stall and reduce engine breaking.

all 3 work very well.

Thanks for the info T-roy. Eddie looks like the best option for sure. As for the other things I don't really see a need for the other stuff, in my case that is. I love the punch and acceleration. The ratio pull of the throttle for me is fine too. Just that first minute bit ya know? Say closed throttle is 1 and full throttle is 10. Well just that first bit of play it seems like I'm missing 2 or something. Feels like I'm jumping from 1 to 3 I guess you could say. Just want a smoother transition and yeah Eddie sounds like the ticket. Thanks a lot!

Well clutch is definitely not the issue. Say you're just cruising back to the pits in a straight line. Well the bike is just constantly twitching between no throttle and a bit of throttle. Not the biggest issue but annoying nonetheless

Eddies map, for sure. Don't think about this any more than you have, just get him the ECU and get a remap. There's a "sticky" topic at the top of this forum, you can find a way to reach him there.

Hey tundrainorange, what kind of riding do you do? I just got my ecm re-mapped from T.M. also. I ride desert but haven't gotten a chance to ride with it yet. I'll get my suspention back from too-tech Tuesday. I'm getting springs and revalve.

Hey tundrainorange, what kind of riding do you do? I just got my ecm re-mapped from T.M. also. I ride desert but haven't gotten a chance to ride with it yet. I'll get my suspention back from too-tech Tuesday. I'm getting springs and revalve.

Mostly track riding, I had TM put the motocross map on there. I didn't really want more power but it came with more mid range, but definatly got rid of almost all the 1/8" twitchy throttle chop.

Ya, you will be stoked with the suspension, I had RG3 do mine and couldn't be happier, I can G out, or come up short on anything and still pull out of it:smirk: