Gear Bag

Right now i have a bed box on my trailer but we are getting a new trailer (mom's gettin a rzr-s?) so im not gonna have the box any more. Do you guys use the gear bag setup? i would need it to hold helmet boots leatt goggles gloves etc. what brand do you guys use? i have looked around and a lot of them are expensive and i dont want to spend that much. What cheap ones do you suggest?

I was in the market for a gear bag a while back.....Happened to go into a thrift store and there was a soccer gear bag that was PERFECT for dirtbike gear - huge, has all the pockets and says ADIDAS on the side....

$ five bucks.......:banana: Try the thrift stores and you just may luck out..

I use a big plastic rubbermaid bin called the action packer, it was $20 at wal-mart. It will hold my boots, pants, knee guards, helmet, googles, etc. It has holes for padlocks on it, its waterproof, can easily be hosed out, and you can just throw in in the truck bed or on the trailer. Hard to beat unless you are going to be lugging it around a bunch for some reason, as there is no strap or wheels on it.

I was in the market for a gear bag a while back.....Happened to go into a thrift store and there was a soccer gear bag that was PERFECT for dirtbike gear - huge, has all the pockets and says ADIDAS on the side....

$ five bucks.......? Try the thrift stores and you just may luck out..

What gear do you fit in there? How much extra room do you have? Do you happen to know the dimensions?

What gear do you fit in there? How much extra room do you have? Do you happen to know the dimensions?

Let me preface my reply by saying for $5 you can't be picky.....Dimensions are apprx 28" L, 12" H, and 17" H. I do not put my boots and helmet in it...Boots are usually muddy anyway. But it holds 2 pairs of riding pants, 2 jerseys, loto socks, lotso gloves, 2 jackets and riding vests, has pockets for paperwork such as riding maps, registration etc. blah blah...

I was actually in the market for a "real" riding bag costing $100 +/- when I ran across this one.

They are out there.

Look no further than Ogio. They are a little more expensive, but do hold up in the long run. Mine is 2-3 years old, and still looks like it did the day I got it. I use the 9900, the biggest bag they offer, but they have other sizes as well. It fits all the necessities. It has a waterproof/ventilated boot compartment ( so you can wash it out with the hose after a mud ride/race), padded helmet compartment, small tool compartment (I use it for gloves), and a cellphone compartment. I use that for things like advil/tylenol, though. There is also a roll-out mat for changing. Im able to fit three sets of gear, knee braces, chest protector and Leatt in the main compartment. The flap for the main compartment houses goggles, which can fit multiple pairs and tearoffs.

Dimensions for mine are 36"h x 16"w x 19"d.

The only thing I could possibly think to add to it would be a shoulder strap so I can carry it up and down stairs easier when its full. The pull-out handle and wheels are very convenient, though.