Sign in to follow this  

bottom end rebuild.. extra parts????

well i just finished my top and bottom end rebuild and i found an extra washer.........here it is, what do you guys think.. it seems to run fine... for now.

index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=507092269&albumID=38499&imageID=9675845

thanks guys, you relived me a little bit, who needs a working water pump anyways?? jk... but i took it out and put 3 hours on her and she seems to run good! shifting is a bit stiff, but it seems to be loosening up, but i guess thats normal, right?

thanks guys, you relived me a little bit, who needs a working water pump anyways?? jk... but i took it out and put 3 hours on her and she seems to run good! shifting is a bit stiff, but it seems to be loosening up, but i guess thats normal, right?

I don't know about it being normal. Did you do anything to the trans? Also, did you torque all the bolts or just crank them down to where they felt good?

well i took the trans apart to inspect, all looked good, so i assembled. i just carnked everything down that called for more than 30 lbs of torque until it felt good.... but i rode another time and i feels perfect, i guess it just needed to wear in?

Losening up is kind of wierd with the shifting, but if things are settling in, it makes some sense. If it continues to get loser, you might want to check into it. You never did say what year the bike is, and I know that some of the 08's had an issue with the transmission jumping out of gears. I've only seen this issue on the 08, but I can assume that other years can have the same thing.

Edited by Charlie C

It is a 2007....... i now have 5 hours on the new bottom end and its back to normal... except neutral is just a bit hard to find sometimes, but every time i put it in nuetral it seems to find its way easier.. so im thinking i just may have tightened the shift drum center and the drum stopper arm a bit tight and its just wearing in.