Sign in to follow this  

Klx 300-R Mods?

If you know of any mods for this bike and or have an exhaust that will fit this bike let me know i'm trying to make a page just for mods for this bike

Any Q's on my mods i'll tell you how they are done i didn't do them but i know how to, I've polished a few ports on old cylinders and i feel i can do it on a good cylinder it's easy watch a www.youtube.com video some are very detailed

My bike 99 Klx 300-R

Selector gear mod

Air Box mod

Crank Case mod

Exhaust Mod

thanks yea i checked it out on the exhaust mod how do you remove the tip? or is the tip that ugly bent piece?

Here's what I did, first make a rough custom end cap to see how loud it is. I used 7/8 stainless steel tubing and jb welded into a piece of steel plate.

001-5.jpg

Worked well, so I had a buddy weld up a better version, had the tubing welded to point down a little, and then welded that into a ss plate to keep it from rusting. Looks decent, sounds good, and pulls a little stronger.

003.jpg

Too loud. I ride a lot of trails with houses nearby, like to keep it stealthy. To me the bike sounds like crap without it.

hey thanks the pics really helped :banana: same bike as mine except mines not street legal any more :lol: well thanks buddy you really helped me out \mL