Sign in to follow this  

Please help important

ok so my brothers crf450 got stolen a few weeks ago and then i ran into and called him and he called the cops and the cops came and took the bike from the guys who had but he cant find his paperwork and he is the second owner and cant find the 1st owner is there any way to obtain the vin number somehow so he can just get his bike back from the police so it just doesnt get auctioned off cuz that would be pretty shitty - please help me out here lol

i counted 7 "and"s in that run on sentance. wow.

he has to find the paperwork. finding the first owner will do nothing unless he has the title, in which without a receipt of the 2nd sale the bike would go to him. unless you had it registered, or on an insurance policy that listed the vin your out of luck until you find the paperwork.

It should not matter if he cant find the title, as long as it is actually titled in his name. The cops should be able to look up the vin and see a record of the title even if it has never been registered. I know this for a fact because I have been in the same situation. Had a quad stolen and the police found it 5 years later and were able to look up the vin and see that it was titled to me and I never had it registered.

It should not matter if he cant find the title, as long as it is actually titled in his name. The cops should be able to look up the vin and see a record of the title even if it has never been registered. I know this for a fact because I have been in the same situation. Had a quad stolen and the police found it 5 years later and were able to look up the vin and see that it was titled to me and I never had it registered.

+1

As long as your brother did the customary title work when he bought it, any county/DMV clerk should be able to look it up. I've had lots of vehicles over the years and lost track of titles several times. A form and a fee were all I needed to get a duplicate title in each case.

Glad to hear it was recovered. Any chance he'll be able to prosecute the scumbag(s)?:lol:

ps. Punctuation is your friend :banana: