Sign in to follow this  

Newbie questions

I went on my first MX trail last weekend. Surprisingly i did fairly well. I ride a 2005 yz 125 that is completely stock except for a 50 sprocket on the back and my friend i went with rides a 2007 KTM 125sx that is completely hopped up from the seat to the suspension. Like i said, i did fairly well. My friend use to ride all the time until about four years ago and hes just now gettin back into it. Well i actually kept up with him and even out ran him a few times. It may not be a good thing but i definitely have bigger balls lol. I felt comfortable on everything except the doubles and triples. For some reason i just couldnt ever hit them right. I either hit them to soft and lost time or i hit them to hard and slammed on the other side. The turns were also rutted up so i couldnt really work on my turns but i managed. The only other problem i had was having my back end sling out from under me when i hit some of the jumps. It may have been bc the track was rutted up or maybe i was a gear to low and reved it to much causing the back tire to spin out from under me? So here are my questions..

1. How should i hit doubles and triples?

2. Whats causing my back tire to sling out from under me after a jump?

3. Any write ups for new riders would be very helpful.

Ive only been riding for 6 months now. I started out on a 73 suzuki then rode my friends KTM and CR250 and couldnt go back to the old school lol. I bought my Yamaha a few weeks ago and just feel natural on it. I have to say riding on that track was the funnest thing i have ever done!!!! There is no way i can go back to riding muddy trails, atleast not until i get older and cant risk getting hurt. Well, any replies would be helpful. Thanks.

practice

u must be either whipping it out by leaning to the side, or accidently preloading. like your hitting the jumps slightly leaned over, or your sitting or standing to early or to late.

idk you tell me