Sign in to follow this  

Stm slipper clutch replacement ball bearings

Can anyone tell me where to get the 6 replacement balls for an Stm slipper clutch. Can i just get some from a bearing shop? Anyone know the size?

I'm super pissed 'cause i just bought a used one off ebay & it turns up with no bearings after i specifically asked if the bearings were with it before i purchased it:banghead:

I'm in New Zealand & got it shipped from the US & we don't have an STM importer here! I see they have them at Motostrano but they won't ship international so any other ideas would be good at this point because i've got a super expensive clutch which is useless!

Thanks

I can't tell you where to get them, but it might be worth a shot emailing STM directly and maybe they can tell you what size the bearings are. Then just pick them up locally. You can also try emailing Joe at Motostrano and see if he can measure one for you. Joe has always been pretty helpfull to me when I have asked.

I have my STM slipper (CRF 450 R03) apart.

It's not here but I can measure the ball's " thursday if you want.

Hi mate,

Here it comes, the size of my balls: 6.37mm.

My slipper is about 60 hrs old...

Hope it helps.

Hi mate,

Here it comes, the size of my balls: 6.37mm.

My slipper is about 60 hrs old...

Hope it helps.

Awesome, thanks for your help, i'll go & see the bearing shop with those numbers & the actual clutch & see what they've got.

I did try emailing STM but haven't heard back yet.

The guy i got the clutch off found & sent me the bearings, sweet!

Also STM Italy replied to my email & they are high strenth 1/4" balls which concurs with the 6.37mm measurement posted (close enough anyway).

Anyway thanks for the replies, i've got the clutch in now & only been for a blast round the street a few times but feels good, just hanging out for the next race now!

Glad you got it sorted. I had a similar problem, where my STM clutch came from the factory brand new missing one bearing from the kit. Like stated above I measured the existing balls (1/4") went to the local bearing supply and bought a box of them. Has worked great so far.