Sign in to follow this  

02 cr125

gona buy a 02 cr125 its got a pc pipe and all just want to know the good and bad about this bike and if this is a good pipe for it and what cheep mods can i do to make it faster nothing ourageous dont have the money for all of that

I love mine, it handles amazingly, has great top end, suspension is ok, and the build quality is second to none. At the same time it has no low end, be ready to ring the hell out of it, I had no problem with it in the trails though. It works the best on tracks and demands a lot of clutch to keep the revs up. The bike is a blast to ride and I plan to keep mine. :banana:

Yea, i sold mine but i regret it, had not frigin botom end,all top, but kept me on my toes!! Perfect track bike. Im gona get another 02' to mess around on track

Here is a list of things we have done to ours:

-drilled 3 1" holes per side in the airbox and used the vent inserts (about $6)

-installed 05cr125 air boot ($35 with sealer)

Both those will help the bike breath and really winds out the bike on the top end!

Then installed the CRF forks off a 06 bike to get the twin chambers ($275) - need the clamps and front # plate and brake caliper bracket also. But have a lot of those extra in the garage myself.

Wave front rotor, f&r SS lines

Billet PE clutch basket - $140

New Tusk Clutch kit

new inner hub

reringed the top end.

But did all that to a 1K bike. Really good shape so far and has the PC pipe and 304 silencer. Thing rips on the top end. I have not had it out myself yet. It will be a fun bike for sure! that will give you some ideas. The intake is a must on the bike from what I have seen and read and experienced. plus cheap. now just have to get a set of Vforce reeds after taxes

I'm going to try the 2005+ air boot and air box mods soon. I will post back about performance, hopefully there is some gain.

I recently bought a new 07 CR125. So far I have installed a magnetic drain plug, steel drive plates, HD clutch springs, sprung and valved for my weight, hand guards, and more to come. It seems like a solid bike and with a few mods it will be my 3 hour hare scramble weapon. I have recently been "awakened" that less is more.

Mark