Sign in to follow this  

Vintage Metzler Tire $1000

If that sells, it will be a prime example of someone with more money then brains.

Sure I'll put that $1,000 tire on my $500 bike:smirk:

I guess if someone that is seriously into collecting and showing there bike and has deep pockets, maybe it's worth it, definately not for me.

If someone has a grand burning a hole in their pocket, maybe they should consider this first"

"TIRE AGE: Motorcycle tires should not be used after five years from date of manufacture. Tires contain Volitile Organic Compounds (VOC's) which help keep the rubber flexible and grippy; as tires age, the VOC's leach out. Certain conditions can accelerate this process, including extremely hot and excessively humid or dry environments, parking on certain forms of man-made carpeting, certain molds & mildew forms (which may accelerate or even cause what is commonly known as "dry rot"), as well as overheating the tires due to low tire pressure or hard use."

But then if one is willing to spend $1,000 on an old tire, they probably will get what they deserve.

Thats true about old tires but if someone actually buys it, they only care about the "originality" of it and not it's performance. Remember, there's one born every minute....

When I bought my '79 YZ last year I cut one of those off with a hack saw and threw it away......replaced it with an S-12. :banana:

It's not for a bike that it to be ridden. It's for a showpiece bike. Something that you only look at.

A far as I'm concerned it's totally insane.

see the jug in the background,he probably just polished it off when he posted that price.