Really powerful bike?

First of all, I am NOT saying that I NEED more power than I have, nor am I seriously looking to buy a new bike very soon.

I have ridden dirt and street, and just like power and acceleration. Im not talking about just being fast on straights as a way to make up for poor riding skill, its just enjoyable to have something excessive.

I bought an XR650R hearing about how crazy they were, it was boring. I uncorked it, should be making 50hp, still not all that exciting. I rode it on the street and offroad on sand, etc but it wasn't doing it and was too heavy.

I just bought a 2002 KTM 250sx and while I love it, and it is the perfect bike for me to improve my riding skills on, its still not scary fast. It is supposedly the most powerful 250 ever made, also 50hp, but 216lbs. It has more than enough power, 210 psi compression, and a new back tire that is hooking up, but its still not doing it for me.

I have ridden a 2003 KTM 250sx and the hit is fun, but same story. It is cool to be riding along in 4th, whack the throttle and pull the front end up, but it still seems slower, especially from the bottom and middle.

I have also ridden my friends 2008 KTM 450 SX-F and same thing, meh. Ive ridden it on a natural terrain MX track, and raced it in supermoto trim, but its still not crazy.

All of the bikes have more than enough power, and can bite you hard if you make a mistake, but what is out there that would really do it for me?

I prefer Euro bikes and their build quality, and while I know about the CR500 and KX500, and have not ridden one, most seem to say they are unlivable for most riding.

The thing about the 500 2 strokes is their power band from what I hear. They are supposedly about the same level as an XR650R, it just has a crazy hit. The hit doesn't do it for me, I want something that has torque from the bottom that shoves you and stretches your arms and you feel in your guts that comes on smooth but quick into the warp speed 2 stroke style top end.

The XRR has good bottom, but signs off just as things begin to get fun. The 2 strokes have sweet top end, but nothing off the bottom, and the 450s have decent power everywhere, just not enough of it anywhere.

I think I have been spoiled by Ducati street bikes, even a 600cc Monster has such a better power curve than any dirt bike I have ridden, even with less than 60hp.

I need to look into some v-twins like Aprilia's RXV 550, or the KTM 950 SE. The huskys look like a good option too, especially the 630, and anyone ridden the husaberg 650? I know about weight/reliability/etc, this is more me wondering than actually buying a bike, and I am not looking for something to replace my 250 for woods use.

:banana:?:lol:?:banana:

Have you ever ridden a 500 or even a 380?

Nope, already said that, I was talking about the 250's. However, if they have the typical 2-stroke power band that's not what I am looking for, I want smooth power from bottom to top, and I don't want the vibration and starting hassles.

CR/KX 500 are the most powerfull (not including the new Maico's) I know I had a CR for 10 years. To be honest it's just too much bike for most people and I'm real happy with my Husky TXC 510. Gobs of power (more then a CRF 450) and its smooth tractable power that gives whatever you need with the right twist. A 2 stroke 500 will rip your arms out and you need a Scotts Dampner at all times. I would go big bore 4-stroke unless you ride sand dunes then a 500 smoker might still be the answer.

the modern ktm 250sx and 300 of the last couple years are both approaching kx500/cr500 hp/tq levels, I owned a kx500 and it was fun, but it sure did not handle anything like a modern bike

I got to ride a built 250sx and that bike seriously did NOT want me on it, I would have to start doing hand exercises because it was very hard to hang onto those bars

another choice is the husaberg 530, but they just dont have the snap of a 2 stroke. the 2010 250sx is putting out 50hp stock now, the 500's were running 55 hp

Nope, already said that, I was talking about the 250's. However, if they have the typical 2-stroke power band that's not what I am looking for, I want smooth power from bottom to top, and I don't want the vibration and starting hassles.

Take that 250sx and put a poerted 380 cylinder on it. It'll kick those 500's ___

just try to ride a 500 2 stroke and dont speak of power issues again

most people who ride them never rev them much since there is not many people that an control the beast

i've heard some built kx 500's can have 70hp, i don't know if thats at the crank but its still a hell of a lot of power

the bike that hooks up is going to be the fastest thats why small bore bikes like 250f's often have the fastest lap times

no dirtbikes gonna ACCELERATE more much faster then 450.

ktm 380 and 525 maybe.

id get a cr500 though man youll love it.

but it sounds like you want a 4 stroke. nothings gonna really rip your arms off more then a 450, maybe by a little, even if they have 10 or 20 more horses or whatever.

are you seeking the most gnarly bike?

then you want a cr500 man. other then that i dont know what to tell you.

get a drag quad or somehin. single cylinders can only go so fast.

sounds like you need to be on pavement though if you ask me.