Sign in to follow this  

California Rowher vs. Gorman: for kids

I want to take my kids riding on Friday (10 & 6yr old), I haven't been to Rowher in 10+ years... is it any good? how does it compare to Gorman? we normally go to Cal City but I want to go somewhere closer to home for a quick day trip... just to let my kids buzz around for 4-5 hours. Can anyone give me the 411 on both places??

for the kids at 6 and 10. I would say Gorman. You could setup in a staging area with a table and shade, and keep an eye on your kids. plenty of open area to play around. nice wide trails and roads. and many different staging areas. Rowher is fine, but more technical and not as well kept up.

if you can hit it on a weekday i would +1 gorman.

rohwer has a lot of flat areas too though, and a few easier trails for the kids to run around on if you're going to follow them.

But would still say gorman if its a weekday.

Less rocks for the kiddies at Gorman +1. They even have a kids track. And lots of trails to ride near camp. Smith Forks at the intersection in the middle of the park has lots of cabanas with tablesand pit bathrooms... and just across the small creek/wash behind the camp site there are a lot of trails zig zagging all around through a desert grassy area that makes great kid riding.

Edited by BOLT Performance

Rowher does have some good kid trails off the main road around staging areas 2 and 3, but softball sized rocks are a plenty IIRC. Less traffic than Gorman for sure.

Gorman has 20x the area for the kids though and like others have said, you could watch them from camp in alot of it. Smith forks is one of the crowded camps but there are alot of kids there. They also have the kids practice track/area at that camp as well.

My vote is Gorman.