Sign in to follow this  

06 yz125 hanging idle. Lean jetting?

Hey guys. I just bought a mint 06 yz125. Problem is that idle seems to hang a little when riding. I only rode It once so maybe it's no that bad but I'm pretty sure it's hanging. It only happened tho when I rode. When I rev it it's fine. Now the guy told me he's running the bike a little lean on purpose. He's also mixing gas at 3oz of oil to a gallon of gas. I'm guessing that's what 40:1 bEing that 4oz is 32:1. Anyway the guy was also running vp high octane gas or cp or whatever it's called. I wanna start running at 32:1 for extra lubrication and use regular 93 octane gas. Will putting more oil and going down to 93 richen it up?cause I thought higher octane leans it out. I could be wrong tho. Anyway Im probably gonna have to tenet which I don't wanna really mess with being that the bike runs amazing and sounds amazing. Also no spooge on the pipe whatsoever. Should I just richen the fuel screw up a bit or am I gonna have to redo the main jet or pilot. I don't mind doing it because the guy gave me extra jets for the bike. Anyway any help would be great. Thanks I'm advance!

Check for an air leak between the air boot and carb.

Running 32 to 1 shouldn't be a problem at all, that's what I used torun mine at with a PC pipe.

Get the Yamaha shop manual for that bike it has all the info you need on jetting. Also high octane fuel is not leaner than low octane fuel. Use the search engine feature on this site and do some reading and learn about jetting before turning any screws. Mess with the idle if you must, run your pre-mix at 32:1 but thats it , read , read, read.