Sign in to follow this  

70/110 play bike

Looking for suggestions on what bike to get. I'll be using it for killing time camping and maybe burning around to run my dog a little. No big jumps, doesn't have to be fast, but i don't want to be too crunched up and hitting my knees on the bars, yet small enough to throw in my Rav4.

Is the wheel size the big difference? I've priced left over 2008s DRZ-70 from $999.00 to CRF-70 @$1195.00 to KLX and TTRs @$1750.00 to current TTR /KLX 110s @$2050.00. It seems to be the same old, "For a couple hundred bucks more". I guess i'm wondering just how much of a difference the 70s are vs 110s. I believe the CRF70 has the same seat hight and wheel size as the 110s? Any that i should stay away from, or are they all bullet proof? Thanks for your time, Mike.

I recently sold a KLX 110. It was a great bike. Easy to zip around the pits on, using it for trail work. Pretty much bullet proof.

Have you considered a Honda XR80?

I was all set on the DRZ-70 because of its low price, but man,it's small. Too small? Would a big bar kit fix that? I also found an old post on here somewhere where a guy was talking about how much he loved his DRZ-70, so i guess i'll wait untill after my surgery Tuesday and just go shopping when i can move around again.